Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Do You Zumba Yet??


You know you like something
when
you always remember it, right?

So even with my memory loss "stuff"
I'm dealing with,
I remember to go to
ZUMBA at our YMCA
on Monday and Wednesday nights--
even if I'm tired,
have a headache,
a body ache
or whatever...

Because
Because
Because

It is so stinking FUN!
I'm slowly learning the steps,
and yeah,
I have to take water breaks
and modify some of the steps
cuz I'm lame like that,
but
I feel so much better since I started!!!

All of the girls have gone with me too--
Dani
Nana
Daisie
and even
the Caboose!
Such a kick watching the Caboose
move-it
move-it!!

It's been so good for Dani too--
the results are reflecting in the mirror
and that makes her feel great!
Nana and Daisie move their
bahooeys
like nobody's bizness--
and we all laugh while we do it!

So, are you Zumba-ing yet??
If not,
what are you waiting for???

I find myself moving to the beat
while I'm cleaning or cooking--
or even (gasp!)
grocery shopping--
I do that to embarrass the yahoos tho. shhhhh.


Seriously, it feels good to find my hips again,
and Zumba is fun, fast, and a little sensual too--
all that good stuff!

The Caboose thinks "it's cool"--
so there ya have it!

Grab a friend, a sister, a daughter and GO!
Whattaya Waitin' For??



This is the Zumba instructor, Elody (the one I referred to as "Zumba-on-crack"--you can tell she loves what she's doing.
My favorite instructor Wendy, is behind her on the R,in the pinkish colored shorts with blonde hair.

**Go to the bottom of the page to turn OFF the music player, so you can hear the video!

16 comments:

  1. You know I LOOOOOVE Zumba!!! I am going to refresh my efforts to find a class again! I miss the group feel! Love my DVD's but I don't do it enough and it's less fun and more work when I'm just in my living room!! Although... Zumba'ing with Teagan is pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SUPER fun and it looks like something I wouldnt break myself trying to do!:) Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment #1: Why on earth are you up at 3:00 am?
    Comment #2: Interesting combination listening to the zumba and your background music....
    Comment #3: I think you've convinced me. My 1st counselor has been begging me to go. Except all Latins have rhythm. I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Liz: Go For IT!
    @Danielle: I'd love to read about it when you go!
    @Marilyn: I was not up at 3am--I wrote it yesterday afternoon and scheduled it to post at AM instead of the PM. And you can click the music player OFF. #3,I have the rhythm of a cargo ship, but it's still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the DVD set of Zumba and the GRAND~girls, age 3 and 5 love to do it together. They BEG to do it several times a day! I think I would love to do it in a group session as soon as I learn a few more steps. Really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went once... I LOVED it, seriously had already planned to go back time and time and time again - spent that night researching the local Zumba classes to find which worked best with my schedule and with a wicked awesome instructor.

    Woke up the next morning with a fit of Vertigo that lasted 2 months. No joke. My doctor has told me to never do Zumba again... Now I'm bummed - and I'm blaming my muffin top on my lack of a fun exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look TOTALLY fun. I'm going to see if there's a class around here.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of it before, but it sounds fun. I will have to see if there is a dvd around because we don't have a YMCA anywhere up here. I walk or bike every morning and am working really hard to lose weight. I love the thought of something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hip hurts just watching it. Does that make me old?
    I know the answer. Don't confirm it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Momza...I am Sadie's mom. You don't know me but I read you on her blog! I just saw Zumba for the first time the other day on TV in an advertisement. Looks so fun! Your blog gives me courage to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @MM: First, we love Sadie, she was a missionary in our area in 2005 in Fort Collins! I love keeping up with her and her family. Second, you HAVE to try Zumba! You will love it!
    @jen: I just recently found my hips again, and I'm pretty sure I'm a decade older than you--give it a try!
    @PattyAnn:Go to Zumba.com and they'll have a list of classes/instructors near you!
    @Sue: DO IT!!
    @T: I have vertigo too...how wild is that? But I haven't had any probs tied to Zumba since I started. Maybe it just coincided at the same time? It really is aerobics...modify a little?
    @gigi: I would love to have to dvd's so I could learn the steps better. Aren't the little ones fun to watch?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! My hips haven't moved like that since I was 18!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got to go!!!We have a class right here in town too. It sounds a lot like belly dance...you shake your hips, which is so earthy and womanly and sensuous (but doesn't have to be sexual). Now just gotta fit it into my schedule somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @julie: Your hips will love you for it!!
    @Moody: Do! And tell me all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Momza, I am sitting in my chair just a movin to the music. I think I could really get into this. Thanks for alerting me to this new cool deal. I will have to track down a class in my neck of the woods.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Roxanne: Grab a friend and go!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!