Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Readin' N' Writin' N' Rith-metic

An overcast fall morning was the backdrop for this:



Back to School!!

 Smile, Bee, Smile!!!


 Um, psst:  Boofus?  Over here.  How about a smile?  No?  Oh yeah, I forgot you're in fifth grade now. Parents?--you don't need no stinkin' parents.  
Okay, okay. We'll be kewl.  Got it.

 Back to you, Beeps.  Show those chicklets!  

All smiles.

 Back To School By the Numbers:
I've been in grades 1-4
Eight times.
Grades 5-10
Seven times.
I've gone thru high school
four times.
I've bought approximately 20 backpacks...
the numbers went down significantly when we bought
Lands' End backpacks 4 years ago...
we haven't bought one since.
true story.
Sixty-seven pairs of new sneakers.
10,000 ziplock baggies, give or take a thousand
3 million pencils--what?
okay, probably closer to 2000...I'm not budging on that.
I've spent enough on school supplies that I could've bought a condo in Waikiki.
pretty sure.
I've written enough book reports that I can now spit-out a five page report on 
--Abe Lincoln,
Florence Nightengale,
Martin Luther King, Jr.,
the Amazon ecology,
Kimodo Dragons of Madagascar,
Blue Whales,
and
Sacajawea--

in twenty minutes.
Double spaced and the bibliography included.

I can make the Eiffel tower outta
gumdrops
sugar cubes
twizzlers
and
jujubees.

Did ya know that 
Starbursts and marshmallows 
make an awesome 
DNA chain?

And don't even get me started on
the many uses of 
popsicle sticks and a tube of Elmer's glue.
and glitter...
glitter is always good.
I love school!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you make a pretty good assistant!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So whatcha gonna do with all your free time???? Ya right.

    Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, also....your friend that you "drug" to CBC....have you converted her to a blog yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love school, glitter, Starbursts, Lands End backpacks, and Martin Luther King, Jr.! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your comment! I'm looking forward to reading your blog. Any friend of Sue is a friend of mine! I'm wierd that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! I so love school. After all my kids, I have done way too many backpacks to count. I just might try those lands end ones for next year. This year, we made carry alls out of blue jeans. They look like rather large purses and the girls love them for school. I would have thought a back pack would be better, but they assured me that these were the ticket, so we made them out of last years worn out blue jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garden of Egan, no Momza has not converted me to blog. I am not cute and clever like the rest of you bloggers. I just read your blogs and enjoy them..... Thanks for thinking of me though.... NAN the nonblogger......

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!