Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Peeps Season


It's that season in my ol' mother hen's life
when one of my peeps is leavin' the nest.


That's right,
she is headin' over the west side of the mountains
towards that single adult mecca called
BYU.

Otherwise known as "Happy Valley".

Nana's going there to experience a little more of the LDS culture
for the summer before heading off to a mission next fall.

Some of the things I anticipate for her:
Fun Roomates.


Educational Experiences at the Library.


College Sports


Opportunities to stretch her political/social muscles.


Enjoying the Great Outdoors of Utah 



Practicing her Ninja skills to ward off would be suitors.


And realize that the world is bloomin' full of really sweet peeps.


Who love to have fun.


But not that kinda fun...
heaven help me.

No. No. No.  Not that kind!

Yes, it's time to give her the boot
outta the nest.
I miss her already.

11 comments:

  1. Cute post, Momza. I'm sure she will love being there...great mission prep!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Momza, I love this post! Did you do those photos? I died laughing!
    I love to read your blog, but don't ever comment...but you outdid yourself this time!!!
    Megan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Snuggie for Peeps is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm sure she'll love it!! We're right here in Provo, and although I've never been to BYU as a student really. It's still lots of fun to be around a college town. Lots of stuff going on all the time, and the outdoors here ...wow, there are some amazing places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, what a poignant time! I wish her all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 Peeps! And now, thanks to you, I'm craving them. I'm w/Megan -- did you take these photos?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, those Peeps! Too funny! My 2nd oldest has been out of the nest for a while, but still close by, but today she left to move to Montana! Yep, that's hard! Sheesh! These kids are so hard on us Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, and so true!! It is always hard on me when one of them leave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I didn't create the peeps for this post. But aren't they darling?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures are so very cute!! But I am glad to read that you didn't create them as they look like a ton of work. Best of luck to your daughter as she journeys out. I am sure she will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are the cutest little peeps I ever did see! The Easter bunny has nothin' on you :) I miss the BYU crowd! Loved our years there with a student ward - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!