Thursday, April 3, 2014

Checking In

It's April 3rd here in the Rockies and true-to-form,
we're havin' a snow storm.
I know others are enjoying a beautiful Spring day,
but this is typical for our part of the world.

I don't mind it, really.
Not today at least.

My life has been non-stop go go going
since last Fall
and this is the first week in months where my calendar is empty.

So updates:
Dean is doing OK. Still.
We'll see him again this weekend.
His memory continues to decline,
as does his language skills.
He tires easily.
Doesn't say much.
But if you ask him how he's doing,
he says, "Good!".

And that's all I can say about that.

Our new college girl is finishing up her 1st semester at BYU-I.
She started off strong,
has had some adjustment problems,
some health stuff too,
but seems to have gotten ahold of them
and we're hoping for a strong finish too.
I was up there over Spring Break to see her,
get my arms around her--
spend some time with her, you know?
Diana went with me,
David Scott and Tisha came over from Boise too
so we all got to spend some time together.
I did the Mom-Thing by tidying up Dara's apartment,
cooking some meals, helping with laundry, etc.
I didn't mind.
Dara has one more semester before her track is over in July.
Oh and there's a boy.

Diana is adjusting to being home from the mission.
She's done a bit of travelling since December--
to Idaho, to Texas, to Utah
and today she is back visiting her mission in NY
as a treat from the oldest daughter, Danielle.
As far as the line of young men for Diana's attention,
she is weeding them out pretty good.
And that's all I'm allowed to say about that!
She'll be attending BYU-I in September.

Danielle and Brad and their boys are moving this summer
to Saudi Arabia with his job.
I think they've signed up for 5 years.
Dani likes a good adventure, so this is right up her alley.

David Scott and Tisha are expecting a baby, due Halloween.
And he just got a new job in Boise, so they're doing pretty good.

Joseph is 1/2" shorter than Kent,
last we checked.
He's turned into a full-on teenager.
Somedays I want to wring his neck.

Arianna turned 13 last month.
She also wants to wring Joseph's neck most days.
Ahhh the joys of having two teenagers at home.

And me.
Well I am usually swamped with staging houses.

We've been busier than ever.
It's been good for me in so many ways...
I like having a reason to get going in the morning.

Random Stuff:
* I deconstructed a denim jacket for Diana--took it in, shortened the body and the arms, added some lace and put it back together. I'd never done it before and was surprised at how easy it is.
* Diana had a tonsillectomy last month. What was an easy surgery, had a rough recovery as she had "respiratory failure" coming out of the anesthesia.  That's another story for another time.  It was life changing for her though.
* I clean my house every morning because I don't know when the phone will ring and my life will change forever...I don't want the RS to have to come clean my house or to know I left dishes in the sink. I know, I am weird.  It's a thing. Kelly and I have a deal that before the RS comes in, she will, to make sure it's not a disaster.
* We continue to pray for a new job, as the one Mr. W is at is sucking the life out of him.  I told him to open his online search to the whole western US, including Texas, but not AZ. ( I cannot take that heat.)
*We have a new calling, or an "invitation" as the Stake President put it: "Assigned Temple Patrons"...we go once a month and at the end of the year, return and report our experiences from that.  I love it.

And that's it.  Thanks to those of you who've emailed me and checked up on me. I'm doing Ok and appreciate your friendship.



4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that all is relatively well and that Dean is doing as well as can be expected. It was a poignant thing to think of you wanting to keep your house clean so the RS sisters won't need to…Wish I could give you a hug on that one.

    Scary about Diana! Glad she okay and that she had an epiphany (or so it sounds like) from going through such a thing. Seems like every bad thing brings a little good with it, eh?

    I've missed you. Take care, my friend.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear from you! Everything sounds good, although I can imagine how much you will miss your girl and her family when they head to Saudia Arabia for five years! So glad Dean is still doing as well as can be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Halloween is our due date too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness...congratulations! You and Matt make beautiful babies! I should know, I've been there for both births! Let me know if I'm invited to #3!

      Delete

Have a Thought? Share It!