Friday, October 3, 2014

Her Mother's Wedding Dress

We were going through some boxes in the garage
one day last summer
and she opened one that held my 1982 wedding dress.
It wasn't "preserved" either.
It wasn't neatly folded like a treasure.
It was just. there.
In the box. 


"Oh Mom! Can I? Can I try it on?"


                                                               "Uh. Yeah...Sure?"

"Mom! It fits! Oh I love it! It's just what I've been looking for!"

"Are you sure?"

"Haven't you paid attention to all the pins I've been pinning? It's exactly the style I want. Can I wear it? Is that alright?"



"Yes, of course. We'll have to get it cleaned. And altered. Just a bit. But yes, I'd love for one of my daughters to wear my wedding dress. What an honor. Thank you, Nana."


"Mom. Mom, of all the girls, I'm the one most likely to wear your dress, right? Right?"


"Yes. Yes you are."

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!! Good for Nana. I wish I would have worn my mothers.
    She will always think her dress was the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been an unusual experience. When I bought the dress 32 yrs ago, I was by myself. Noone came with me to even look at dresses. I had no idea then that I'd have a daughter (much less 4 daughters!) that would want to wear it too. The alterations on it have been beautiful. I can't wait to see her in it in just 8 days.

      Delete
  2. Such a neat thing to have happen. And it clearly means a lot to her.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MOMZA!!! so happy to hear from you!!
    will have to catch up..
    have missed you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!