Monday, April 6, 2015

April's First Weekend

Let's just cut right to the chase, 
shall we?

First off, there's my Dean
"taking notes"
during the LDS General Conference broadcast
yesterday morning.

Showing his blank page at me,
he asked, "Spell 'God'".
"G-O-D."  I answered.
"G-O-D", he nodded.

And got busy writing that word
that feeling down on the blank page.
He sat as still as he can these days,
and really perked up when the Mormon Tabernacle sang--
he knows alot of hymns so he sings with them.
He even helped me point out a new member of the choir--
a sweet, handsome young man from our ward.

I didn't get to watch all 4 sessions of Conference,
but I can tell you that of those I got to listen to,
my favorite was a talk by Elder Kevin Pearson,
You can read a summary of it on the link.
I bet by the end of today, it will be linked to the full video though.
It really is inspiring.

Now, it was Easter yesterday.
My most favorite day.
But we didn't celebrate the traditions of Easter Eggs and dinner
because our kids from Saudi Arabia will be here next weekend
and we're going to do all of that with them.

So. Stinkin'. Excited!

This morning, 
at exactly 3:27am 
I sat on my bed,
a little bleary-eyed,
and french-braided the Caboose's hair
because she's taking a special trip today.
Meeting the Saudi kids in Orlando, Florida
for a week at Disney World!
She was a little emotional last night
about flying by herself from Denver to Orlando.
In fact, she'd never flown before.
So unlike the rest of the yahoos
who LOVE to travel away from home,
and always have--
she is my little homebody.
But Mr. Wonderful and Mr. Nana 
gave her a blessing last night
so she could sleep.
Which she says she did pretty good.
And while typing this up, 
I got a text message from Dani
saying they had her in their arms 
at the airport and all is well.

Talking about being out of Comfort Zones.
We're all branching out, aren't we?

No word yet on the new opportunity in Washington.
The interview went well and we should know something this week.
So we are still in a holding pattern on that.
But you know this, 
no matter what, 
Life Goes On.

Happy April!!






2 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to describe your life right now..."in a holding pattern". Whatever the outcome, I am sure the Lord is in the details.

    The other night I started wondering how and when I came across your blog and somehow bonded with you via the internet. I am so glad I did, you have been such an inspiration to me for awhile now. Although all of me children are married and have families of their own your posts make me smile, giggle and sometimes even cry. Thanks for sharing your life's adventures and now on to possible new adventures in another state. Keep us posted.

    I never did figure out how I came across your blog but am so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so lucky to have a celestial being in your midst.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!