Friday, April 3, 2015

Waiting...

Where to start?
Well, in a matter of hours, we will know if we're moving to Washington.
Mr. W has his, what we understand, will be his final interview today.

I don't know how I feel about this.
I am on the sidelines just watching this unfold.
Ready to go.
Happy to stay.
Preparing, as best as I can,
for the outcome.

TO keep me distracted,
I've been crafting like a wild woman.
Today is the first day I haven't
created
something
anything.
Yet.

Here's a look at my projects:
Painting another kitchen with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  Old Ochre & dark wax:

Went to Habitat For Humanity's Restore and picked up some closet doors,
cut the bottom part off and taught Ms. Bee how to paint them;
also using Annie's Paris Grey and Provence:



And a chair we got at Goodwill for $5., done in Duck Egg:
with a little birdy decoupaged on it and freehand branch:

 To help re-do her bedroom, 
after she painted it Olympic's "Baby Bird" blue:


 We;re just about finished with her room.

I also had the chance to makeover a couple of florals for a friend and her workplace; she brought the stems and I just played with them:



Ok and I've had this project on my mind for a long stinkin' time:
Frame botanical prints and I finally got three of 12 that I want to do:



 Ok next project:
Bought these Goodwill finds,
and will be peeling them apart and reupholstering them:



 I also had time to calligraph announcements for another wedding--it was a small number, but still fun.
And last night I had the sewing machine out, to hem a friend's temple dress and while I had it out
I just whipped up this little envelope pillow case:


***
One hour and 40 minutes until the interview.

Hmmm. What can I do?

4 comments:

  1. Way to throw yourself into it. It sounds like you work well under pressure. Hopefully all this waiting will end soon, I certainly don't envy that kind of stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought that I "work well under pressure"--I'm just trying to stay busy and distracted as best as I can until we know what's up! Hopefully this week we'll know something.

      Delete
  2. I love her room! The colors are gorgeous.
    I also love the cabinets. Great color.

    Anxious to hear where the Momza's will reside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tauna! She is happy and that makes it worthwhile. And me too!

      Delete

Have a Thought? Share It!