Thursday, June 23, 2016

Time Travelling in June

Four months is alot to catch up---darn Facebook and Instagram have become my go-to's this past year.
Ok so here's a quick catch up:

Everyone in Momza's House is doing really well right now. Like, today.  But it's still early here in Colorado Springs, so maybe I shouldn't say that outloud--I may have jinxed my self!

Scenes From February:
Drafting class taught me how to do floor plans and scale all things building-related. 


***


Perspective and Rendering was probably, definitely my most favorite class. I loved 
bringing my ideas to life on paper.





***
I also loved History of Interior Design alot more than I thought I would, seriously. It was enlightening to learn about the creativity of God's children from the beginning of time.  Part of our program was art-based as well--so alot of drawing for this class too:

 The Painted Ladies of San Francisco in colored pencil--that's right, the Full House neighborhood.



Acanthus platter from the French Renaissance era in Prismacolor marker.

Italian Marjolica platter from the Italian Renaissance.


And my last class, I got permission to substitute Art Drawing I for Art Appreciation.
That's another drawing class, totalling 4 classes of Art for the semester, if you've noticed. 
I was in hog-heaven, really. I learned so much.
Just a pencil drawing my hand holding my father-in-law's purple heart to symbolize "Bravery"--a word prompt we had as a muse in class.

A vase of tulips created from a fragment of a picture the teacher gave us.

Ok so this alien face is the result of charcoal on white paper of a mannequin head with a wig on.

My attempt at abstract conte/ chalk on ribbed paper.

So those were just a few of the drawings we had to do in class. I wasn't crazy about any of them, except the top two--which were the last two assignments in class.
From these classes I took, I gained enough skills to try my hand at drawing & watercoloring on my own:

The Salt Lake Temple in the Spring


"Pinnacles"

                                         
                                                  Close up Springtime on Temple Square


 Pinecone





Americana Series #1 


Americana Series #2



Americana Series #3



Americana Series #4




Grape Hyacinths 




Lavendar Harvest



Leather books 


And now I"m a drawing/painting addict. 

What's really cool is that next month I'm travelling across the world to Saudi Arabia, with a stop in Rome, Italy and I'm so stinkin' excited to take my sketch pad along!

Oh why am I going?  Well, hold onto that thought! I've got to get back to my regularly scheduled life today!









2 comments:

  1. Wow! I knew you were artistic, but now I can see the extent of your artistry. So glad you are developing it even more.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, thank you for your kind comment! I'm having a great time discovering more fun in life. There's so much to learn, isn't there?

      Delete

Have a Thought? Share It!