Friday, September 11, 2009

My New Addiction

So I had a temple interview months ago
with my sweet Bishop.
He asked if I had any addictions.
I told him'
"No, but I'm lookin' for one.
Nannette has her diet coke,
Kent has his coke,
and I
I got nuthin.
SO I need my
"go-to-thang!"

He laughed and said
I don't need an addiction.

Well, I've been on the look-out for
a good addiction
oh, and it needed to be
FREE...
I have my principles ya know?
I won't pay hard earned money
for temporary pleasure.
So I found my new addiction:
"GLEE"
on TV.
I'm hooked.
Don't even think of talking to me when it's ON--
not even during the commercials.

If loving this is wrong,
I don't wanna be right.

Can't wait to tell the Bishop!

9 comments:

  1. Well, you can go ahead and be addicted, I won't hold it against you. I chose to turn it off after the school assembly dance. Darn it anyway, I was so hoping it would be a good show.
    Don't think I am judging you because I have an addiction of my own...Reality shows. Yep, Big Brother, Survivor, The Biggest Loser, the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, So You Think You Can Dance, and more. {It really makes me mad when they put them up against each other in time slots, grrrrr.}
    So don't feel alone, addictions are more common than you think.

    Have a good weekend.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 'gleefully' join you. It is delightful! I love the music, the talent, all of it. And I won't tolerate talking during it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My addictions: blogging and So You Think You Can Dance

    Oh, and food, of course.

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one of several people who has mentioned "Glee" this week - I better check it out. I could use a new addiction also:)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me laugh--telling your bishop you needed your go-to thang! Now I have to check out Glee. Thanks a lot! Like I need another addiction...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't have to tell your blogging world about my addiction, I think they thought I was the "perfect" friend..... Love, NAN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another addiction I have is sending prizes to the winners of my giveaways! Could you help me with that one by picking Door A (book) Door B (CDs) Door C (Cheeky Cards) or Door D (Junky Heirloom)? And don't forget to include a mailing address, okay?

    =)

    (If you've already emailed me, I'm not getting them for some reason...so maybe you could just put your selection in a comment.) Or check the email address in my profile to make sure you've got the right one. Thanks, Momza! And congrats again on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha! I just saw an add for this show and thought I'd check it out... it sounds so "happy" :)... I will do... with my diet coke:) go Nana!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!