Wednesday, March 7, 2012

We're Weird.

We're not your average LDS family.
There.
I said it.
We're not.

With parents for converts to the church,
my kids are perhaps a little bit,
just eensy weensy bit,
warped.

Because I was raised by wolves
and Mr W raised by Norwegians--
well, we all have our crosses to bear, right?

On the one hand,
we can say without a doubt,
that individually, we both Chose
the Gospel...
we want to be where we are.

On the other hand,
there are things about the LDS culture
that blows our minds sometimes--
and, in true confession-style here,
we have fun with some of it.

There are sayings that are thoroughly saturated
within LDS family homes
which we put our own little nutball twist on--

"Love is Spoken Here"
=
"Loathe Is Spoken Here"


"Remember Who You Are"
=
"Remember Who You Are And Don't Be That Person"


"Return With Honor"
=
"Return With All Your Personal Effects
N' Lock the Door When You Come Home"


There. I said it.
We're weird.



















8 comments:

  1. You're not weird.
    You're awesome.

    This totally made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and in SUCH a good way.

    =)

    PS. We are a little more irreverent than most as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I would have totally paid attention in FHE if these were the songs we did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are weird too...in a very cool way. Love how you don't take things too seriously, love each other with unsurpassed loyalty and accept each person in your family as they are. Come to think of it, I don't think you are weird, I think you are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many things about this post that make me happy. In my opinion, there is something incredibly refreshing in being your own brand of Mormon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heck!
    THAT is funny.

    Totally wanna be part of your clan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You're my kind of weird. Can't wait to show Danny these...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally LOVE this! Sometimes Mormon culture really can blow the mind.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!