Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Sprucing Up--some new projects

Our family room the day we moved in...dontcha love the outdated brown splotchy paint?

The main floor bathroom
with vinyl flooring.

'Nother view of the main floor bathroom with the builder grade sink, cabinet and mirror.  And my bright n' shiny Caboose.
AFTER main floor bathroom/laundry room

Details: Paint color: Benjamin Moore's Wasabi! I love it!  It's got blue undertones, not yellow.  Just a great green!
Flooring: Porcelain tiles in a grooved wood pattern from Home Depot.
Pedestal Sink: American Standard from Lowe's.
Faucet: rubbed oil bronze from Pfister @ Home Depot
Mirror: Hobby Lobby
Light Fixture: Home Depot Online
floral bucket: Southern Living at Home
hand towel & paper holder stand: TJ Maxx Home Goods
birds: Real Deals
I made the valance outta scrap fabric I already had, but I'm wanting to put a black and white buffalo check up there.

And now onto our familyroom:

Paint color: Sherwin Williams Wheat Grass
Curtain Panels: "Kenda" from IKEA
That ficus tree comes and goes with staging jobs. Right now it's standing there taking up space.
I really want to mount the TV on the wall and get a different console under it.
Just a FYI: Those snowshoes are from WWII. They belonged to Kent's father and were government issue. I happen to love them! I'm really wanting a big honkin' rustic mirror in place of the Ogle painting there, but it works for now.
My eat-in kitchen with my awesome Craigslist find: the french-flavored dining set! Have yet to decide on what kind of fabric I want to recover the chairs. They came the way pictured--clear plastic over the fabric--and will stay that way until I figure out what to do with them.  But I love the bench. It's just so different than anything I have n' I like that. the wall color is continued through the rest of the kitchen, but I'm not done with that yet. It's called "Toffee" by Kwal--but I just had it made at Home Depot from BEHR paint.


Our missionary board...we tuck in all the letters/cards/ pics Diana sends home.  

Our very small front living room.  It's so small I can't even put the matching coffee table in there. I mean, it would fit, but it'd be super tight. I happen to like empty spaces, tho. 
Ok so what's new in here are the lamps and the pic above the sofa which used to be above the fireplace.
Got the lamps at TJMaxx Home Goods.
I'm aching to paint the frame too.


And the 108" panels I ordered online from Home Depot.  I'm still going to paint in here, so that's on my TO DO list for Spring. Don't mind the white tool box on the piano bench--it's a rigged up therapy thing my husband is using as he recuperates from his total knee replacement--using that neon green rubber band and the piano.  Weirdo.

Bought the poppies and the container at Hobby Lobby.

So that's it.
What're you doing to spruce up your house this Spring?


5 comments:

  1. I painted my bedroom edgy gold, which is on the same paint chip as wheatgrass, just one shade darker! I loved it. We just moved and now I have to start painting again. What brand is the wasabi green? I am thinking of a green like that in my kitchen. Or a gold/orange. Not sure yet. I love your new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin Moore is the original maker of Wasabi, but we had ours made at Lowe's from their Valspar line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all, especially the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great things, and that restroom is downright inviting!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!