Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When You Mess with the Bull, You get the Horns OR How to Mess with Your Teenagers!

Dear 14-going-on-15-year-old aka Daisie:
You have a habit
that drives us C R A Z Y --
you "borrow" things without asking.
ALL THE STINKIN' TIME...

So, after much warning:
"How would you like it if I just went into your room
and took what I like without asking?"--
I joined forces with Nana
and we are exacting revenge
on you today.

We had a planning meeting
at breakfast--
WHAT we wanted to "BORROW" for sure
and
for how long
and
where would we hide the contraband.

For all those times you've  "borrowed" clothing
from Nana
without asking,
Nana has her own list of things she's "borrowing"...
like
Your favorite shoes....can I just say the "YESSSSS!!" that Nana yelped when she saw these shoes in the shoe basket this morning, made me jump!  She was delighted that you didn't wear them this morning!
Your camera--You're always stealing batteries for it from MY camera, or the TV remote, or wherever--even though yours came with a battery recharger!!!   USE IT!
Hairspray:  Afte you used all of Nana's, you bought your own.  So Nana felt this was fair.
Mascara:  Did you freak-out when you couldn't find it for school?  I'm gonna feel real bad about this tomorrow. Probably. Possibly. Maybe. not.

Your blowdryer:  Just knowing you're not gonna notice it's missing until you need it makes me joyous.
I did leave your curling iron tho.

Had to.  You said you are in the middle of reading it for the 12th time.  I didn't plan on taking it,
it just felt right tho. Like it spoke to me from your bookshelf: "Take me, Take me."

Your empty sock drawer:  Nana's idea.  Unfortunately, the only socks there weren't yours, but mostly the Caboose's, a couple of the Boofus', four of Nana's and one of mine.  Where are your socks? In that overfull, stuffed laundry basket in your room?  Coming up empty-handed with that was very sad for us.

So we looked around your room, and thought
WHAT ELSE???

Nana grabbed these...butterfly wings that hang above your bed.
No reason.
just cuz.



I took the calendar...why?
I have no idea.
But it made me laugh at the thought of it.
Women of the Old Testament--
like Leah "borrowed" Rachel's husband for 7 years?
or was it the other way around?
So I had to take that.


Daisie,
You will recieve your belongings in due time.
When we've used them up,
worn them out
loaned them to friends
or gotten bored with them.
Except for the blowdryer...
I think we can work out a deal with that...
but I do plan on taking it again
whenever the mood strikes
until you learn your lesson here.
And what is that???
ASK for permission to borrow things
and return them in as good or better shape
in a prompt and purposeful manner.

LOVE,
Momza and Nana


p.s. love yer guts.

pps ( I wonder how long before she figures to look here for the clues as to what is missing?? mwahahaha)

13 comments:

  1. You know how to play hardball don't ya. You should get MOTY (mother of the year) for this one. Still gigglin', tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momza, I love you and your spunk! I shoulda done this very thing to my sister-she was always "borrowing" things, and it drove us crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need hairspray and the butterfly would look good in my house... ha ha Can't wait to know her reaction... NAN

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nan: Wanna borrow any of her stuff? Let me know, no problem.
    @Connie: Thanks for the Nomination. Think this'll get her attention??
    @Nat: I will let you know if this method workds--nothin else has so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep us posted on the developments. I need the entertainment!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This absolutely made me belly laugh because I have been through this with my girls when they were teenagers! Oh boy NOTHING was off limits.
    I don't know how many mornings I had to go looking for my hairdryer or some other thing that should have been in my bathroom.
    It is just so familiar!!

    You'll have to tell us how she reacts to this!
    I am giggling with you:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FANTASTIC! Another gem to tuck away for when my kids are older...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Daisie! LOL

    We lived close to my folks, my sister however moved off to Illinois. She was home right after I had Jenny, our oldest. We ran into town one afternoon and Jenny had spit up a little, so Bobbie (sis) was going through my bad and pulled out a washcloth to do the job.

    When I saw what she had in her hand, I said "oh, no....don't pull that out once we get to Mom's." Bobbie asked, "Why?" "Because it's her's." Bobbie, "Don't worry, I've got the towel that matches it at my house."

    She had been living in Chicago for four years/married for six. Some habits are hard to break. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm using this one with Megan at the moment. It works a charm. Way to go...great parenting.

    By the way, love yer guts. Priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are my hero. I'm tucking this idea away, but not for long. I was in my daughter's bedroom yesterday and noticed all the things she's "borrowed" from me. I might need to use this idea TOMORROW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Charlotte: GO FOR IT!
    @Gillian: It does work, doesn't it?!
    @Prairiemaid: I hope that's not in my future!
    @Liz: We gotta do what we gotta do, eh?!
    @Cherie: Exactly...I got tired of looking for my stuff!
    @Sue: Will do! Sometimes teens are very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's Saturday night and I'm just on to this saga. Wish I'd read it earlier this week -- I could have used the laugh. You go, Momza!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Amy: It is never boring around here! lol

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!