Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Small Fascinations

So I'm following someone else's TAG about my "addictions" --but since I don't like the word "addiction"--as it brings to mind a mom who spends her grocery money on things like cigarettes and wine coolers, I am using the word "Fascination"...as if to invoke a fairy-tale image of my not-quite-obsessive-but -still-questionable choices that hold my attention for longer than most people.





Are you still there?

Okay...SOAP. As in boxed soaps. I love them. I love the little decorated boxes and tissue paper that comes around them. I blame my Granma Guy for this one. She always had little soaps in her bathroom. They look so special. When she gave me some for my 10th birthday I felt like a Princess.





SOCKS. Decorated, but not obnoxious Socks. I have cat socks, and frog socks, Scottish terrier socks, and floral socks. It's like my own little party for my feet.





STATIONARY. Beautiful die-cut or funny roosters with clothes on, puppies or kittens, floral or funny. I love fun notecards and pretty stationary. I still buy Stamps in an age of email. And I always ask for pretty stamps. Right now I have lots of Sunflower postage stamps.





MOTHERS and Children collectibles. Ceramic, porcelain, glass, resin, whatever, I love art that reflects Motherhood....even mother and baby animals. I don't have a TON of this stuff, but the ones I do own, are sweet to me, like this one pictured.  Is that narcissistic? (I just amazed myself for spelling that word.)


And that's all the fascinations I'm sharing today. (My obvious fascination is blogging. duh.) Anyone else want to run with this idea and share theirs?

12 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to office supplies. But I swear, I never inhale.

    And I like socks, too.

    (I think I'm going to go take a nap. My comments lately have been uber stupid...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 'fascinations' as of late are 1. Soup tureens (white ones), 2. Anything black and white, ie. plates, pitchers, dish towels etc., 3. Oh ya, I kinda started liking birds too.

    I am sure there could also be a cute sock addic...ummm, fascination like yours if I would let myself.

    Great idea for a post. I have been "blog post idea challenged" lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soaps!! How cute! Okay, I think I will take this and run with it. Although I will have to think about what my addictions are. Actually, come to think of it, I don't. I know exactly what they are . . . beginning with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share every single one of these "fascinations." I am wearing socks with penguins on them even as we speak, have so many boxes of little, wonderful-smelling soaps that Dave is ready to kick me out, possess about the same amount of stationery, and keep a collection of mother-with-child stuff in my office.

    I am also a candle freak. And I like rocks.

    Maybe I'll do a blog and explore these things further.

    Thanks!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sue: I knew I liked you!
    @Joy: I can'twait to read about your fascinations!
    @Denae: Office supply stores are fascinating to me too!
    @Connie: Love your black and white stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love little soaps too - they are just dainty and so "girly"! It makes me think of older days and I love that.
    I am a sock lover as well - I love how you said it's a party for your feet - ha ha - I feel the same way!

    I am also into Willowtree Angels, historical art/Temple art and hat boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE lovely stationary. My sister, this past Christmas got me a box of beautiful personalized stationary that I LOVE. It has made righting thank you cards for baby gifts oh, so much fun.

    And I love socks. Mostly striped ones. I hardly ever where plain, solid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never pass up great hand pump soaps with a wonderful scent. I have a closet full of them. I think they are just the coolest thing ever and love that my hands smell soooo yummy after washing in every room in the house - ha!

    Also - can't pass up chocolate. I probably have enough for it to be classified a collection! Let's see, I collect dogs (two) and cats (two) and would probably collect more if it didn't mean that my husband would likely move out to make more room ;)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. So with you on socks and stationery! And I'm finding that I'm developing an affinity for the McDonald's Grimace character.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm???

    I don't know? Maybe notebooks and journals back in the day before blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, I like the little soaps, but they suck when you actually go to use them. They just aren't practical.

    "Party for my feet"-love it! I might have to do this tag, although I can't think of anything right now other than chocolate and Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have 2 pairs of cherry socks you sent while I was companions with Dani. :) Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!