Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Cost of Kissing


Kissing.
We've been talking awhole heap about this wonderfully mushy topic
in our house lately.
That happens when you have a daughter over on the West side of the Rockies
in Provo, Utah...aka "Happy Valley"
and she has the attention of young men there.

She's trying to figure things out--
young men mostly.
What she's trying to figure out is
if there's an exception to the rule that states:
"If you give your kisses away like free samples at Albertsons,
they will be worth as much as free samples at Albertsons."


(many thanks to John Bytheway for that wisdom.)


She's been testing that theory out over there.
And I've been backing up John Bytheway's thoughts on the subject.

You see,
there was this "boy"
and he liked the kissing part.
But she was wondering if kissing his lips
led to his heart.
Turns out,
his lips aren't talking to his heart
the way her heart was talking to her lips.

So there will be no more free kisses for him.

Cause while kissing is fun,
it ain't meant to be Free.

7 comments:

  1. For some reason this post scared me a little bit. I think it may be that my freshman daughter has mentioned homecoming dance a little too often for someone who knows she can't go for another 1 1/2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute !
    It sounds like she is enjoying the life in Provo.

    Great analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my kids got older I found out about all the kissing that went on during high school and college - Oh my, so glad I didn't know at the time- Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good advice for alllll YW to hear. and I do think it sound better NOT coming from their mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. Sorry, but I gotta call that guy a big fat jerkface. Can't stand dudes like that. I ran into quite a few of them during my dating years too. I hope her dear, sweet heart wasn't broken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a hard lesson to learn. It always hurts so much.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!