Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Prayers



Last night,
as I closed my eyes and said a prayer,
I could only think of one thing
to ask for...

Just one.

And after I closed my  prayer,
I lay there thinking
how much my prayers have changed
over the years.

Things I wanted God's help with--
more strength,
more patience,
less stress,
less trials.
please.

And truly, Heavenly Father has answered my pleas.
Every one.
And I do have those nights when
my petitions are more developed and refined--
asking for specific things for specific others,
at specific times.
But not last night.

Last night,
it was simply:
I love my Heavenly Father.
And I want what He wants
for me
for my children.
Whatever that is,
I want that.


Please take care of my children,
keep them safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!