Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Case of "Creativity-itis"

I have had a wild case of "Creativity-itis", and I'm not looking for a cure, people.
Many friends and family have added to this "itis" n' I love it.
So here goes:


First, I did the florals for a wedding reception with a lovely and talented friend, Laurel:




 We loved the fresh garland on the mantel...we ordered it from fiftyflowers.com and added the flowers to it :


 All the table centerpeices were made from fresh florals--some from fiftyflowers.com and some from a local floral supply wholesaler here in the Springs:


I'm also working on another wedding reception doing these lantern centerpieces in all shapes and sizes:


 And I did the calligraphy for the invites to the Rehearsal dinner too:






  I was also commissioned to do these three pieces for a young man we knew as a missionary here in the Springs, as a gift for his wife's birthday. Their children's names and a special scripture he'd chosen for them.  I didn't take pics of them finished, darn it, tho I was pleased with how they turned out:










Then, I started school!
I love it.
I really do.
Great teachers, great classes, all of it!
One of my Interior Design classes has a Project Notebook assignment,
and as part of the Supply List, I had to invest in decent colored pencils and markers,
so I just started doodling to create my notebook and have found that's another
thing that I so enjoy:

























 Then I just started doodling things and such for my own enjoyment and relaxation:









In honor of Fall:

I've also been staging and unstaging homes but the selling season is about over which is OK for me since I started school.  And that's it for me!  

9 comments:

  1. You are so incredibly talented!!! I love the fall centerpieces and your hand writing.........................it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Tauna. I just have these little interests and minimal talent, but I so enjoy the opportunity to express them.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Girl! I think middle age is the new Renaissance, right? Hope you love school as much as I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I am so enjoying this phase in life; I hope I never stop!

      Delete
  3. Amazingly talented woman you are. What a great example you are to women, when the nest begins to empty you find new challenges to take on. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, You're amazingly talented as well! I love your creativity and appreciate the example you have set as well! My hands have always been busy raising a family, perhaps that's why they can't stop now that the nest is quieter?

      Delete
  4. I love your "doodles"! You are a very talented woman and I love seeing your efforts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, I checked your blog to see what you've been up to and found you haven't blogged in awhile! How am I supposed to know what's going on with you?

      Delete
  5. I knew you were creative but didn't realize you're an artist! Such a talented woman you are.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!