Friday, May 30, 2008

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel or a train?

So, Life is never boring.
Last week, I felt like I should call our friends in Fort Collins about their move to Az. and ask specifically about their house. I brushed the thought out of my head.
Then on Monday of this week, Memorial Day to be exact, I woke up with an undeniable prompting to call the Bartholets! But really I was thinking, "What am I supposed to ask them, really?" So I wrote a quick email instead. I no sooner finished the email than I found myself looking around for their phone number. I had to call them right then.
I find the number, and give them a call. Laurel answered and honestly, I thought to myself what am I supposed to be asking her about?
"So, has your home sold yet? when are you moving exactly? What are you asking for your home? how big is it?" I had no expectations. But by the time we hung up, Laurel had offered to let our family stay at their home this summer as we move back to Colorado. I had to think about this, so I told her to talk to Russ (her sweetheart) and I would speak to Kent about it and we'd get back to her asap.
I hung up wondering if it was really what the Lord has in mind for us? Would this be a win-win situation for both families involved? I did not want to make a rash decision for either of us.
So we talked about it, we prayed about, we talked about it some more.
By the evening I was anxious to see what the Bartholet's had come up with...and it looks like Kent will be staying at their home in June as he job hunts in Colorado. How wild is that??
That was on Monday...by Tuesday Kent had been contacted by a company in Denver about a job there and they want him to come in as soon as he gets to Denver!
If this is it, it will all fall together seamlessly. I admit my hopes are there, but I also only want what the Lord wants for us. If it would be best to stay in Idaho, then I hope we stay.
But if not, then I am ready to go home to Colorado and to Dean.
Like I said before, Life is not boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!