Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Guided Steps?

Well, this post is about STEPS...
We started our day with a hike up to a place above Boise called Table Rock. Kent, David Scott, Tisha, Joseph, Arianna, Danielle and I set off at the base and kept going and going and going until we all reached the top. Now for those of you who know Kent, he was practically born with hiking boots! This man loves to hike! It is therapy to his soul. And we're not talking a leisurely hike, we're talkin' hike as fast as his two legs can carry him to the top! The youngest, Arianna and Joseph, are probably the only ones who could keep up with him in our family--well, Tisha excluded. She hung back with David Scott, while he and I both sucked alot of wind and took frequent breaks...and Dani stayed back with us too, mostly to push me along, literally, with her hand on my back--lol. That is a funny image, but it's true. Hey! I'm old and outta shape, I admit it.
The view from the top was nice, and the wind was gusty up to a zillion mph! So we caught our breath and headed down zig-zagging all the way to comfort our poor knees and ankles. Hey, I told you I'm old. Danielle was saying that "age is all a state of mind"--and I responded, "Well my brain is telling my body I'm old!"
The hike was really a good deal, and afterwards we were treated to some delicious homemade chili at Tisha & David Scott's apartment. Good stuff.

This weekend Kent is leaving for Colorado to see about finding employment there. He will be staying at the Bartholet's in FoCo. He will miss Father's Day and his birthday with us. Which is sad. But he is hopeful that he'll accomplish what he is setting out to do, and it will be worth it in the long run. Me too.
I wonder if these "Steps" are going to be as guided as our steps up the mountain today were?
Oh I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!