Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm not buying, but I'm a conspirator to buying

Well the 100 thing challenge is going. David Bruno is the creator of it. I'd like to go to his house and see his stuff laid out--it's probably alot different than the 100 things I'm going to end up with, because his wife isn't doing it with him.
I have to keep my sewing machine, there's an example of something a man wouldn't keep. And the baby things I've kept since Arianna and Joseph were born, for my grandchildren...like the crib, the bassinet, the pack-n-play, the changing table/dresser. I can't part with those. When my granbabies come to my house, their mommies can leave alot of stuff at home knowing "Granma Dawn's" got it covered. There's no way Kent would ever think about that kind of stuff being essential to keep.
So I am sortin' and tossin thru stuff, I have to decide which stuff is for ME personally and what stuff I can KEEP for my posterity. Ha!
Still, I am bent on lightening my load before we move though my temptations surface when I go shopping!
The girls and I went to Ross' last week and as I waited outside the dressing rooms while they tried things on, I came upon the coolest little invention: an avocado utensil that was so darn cute and looked so interesting that I haven't forgotten about it, and wondered outloud to the girls if it would be okay to buy something that costs $3.49 if I got rid of something equal in value?? Dani laughed at me. I put it back. But in the back of my mind, I'm thinkin that if I come across it again, I might have to buy it! I love Ross.
Oh! they have the cutest sundresses too! Each of my girls 'cept Ari got the same exact dresses in different colors! They are all in a toile print and easy to make modest with a little tshirt under them. Diana got red/cream, Dani got white on black, Tisha got black on cream, and Dara got brown on pink. I will totally have to get a picture of all of them together for a picture.

Yeah, so I'm not buying new stuff for me, but I am having fun watching and cheering on the girls to buy stuff. Hmmm, is there a name for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!