Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home Staging and Harvests

So this week has been so productive! I have joined forces with a good friend, Kelly to start our staging business together!
It's called "UpStaged!"
We worked together on another friend's house that is going on the MLS this week.
Here are some BEFORE and Afters. I hope they are distinct enough that I don't have to label them BEFORE AND AFTERS!


Master dresser


Same Dresser


Diningroom completed!


okay this is the Before. You probably figured that, but because the pics are out of order, the "mother" in me had to point out the obvious. My sincere apologies. I can't help it.


Anyway, we had a blast doing this! We already have other opportunites knocking on our UpStaged! door that it's just so great.

I encourage you, whoever you are, to do something you love.
Being a Home Stager and a Doula is a natural extension of what I've been doing for 25 years---making a home and having children, it's the right thing for me! I am having a blast doing both!
I'd heard years ago that we all have different seasons in our lives...the season I have mostly been in has been "Motherhood"...I know that season inside and out. There were times in that season that I wondered aloud if I were ever going to experience anything else?!! I had moments of feeling lost in that season...asking myself "is this it? is this all there is for me? will I ever get my turn at something else?"
I just kept working in that season, seeking peace in it, looking for deeper ways to enjoy it, embrace it, and be content in it (learning how to cook, how to sew, learning the language of a "soft answer", diplomacy, patience, hard work, etc.), and reminding myself that what I was doing was more important than anything else--raising my children in faith.
Then, with very little notice, my season changed. I no longer have babes at my ankles, pulling on my apron, demanding every fiber of my being to be focused on their needs. I was given the Gift ( it demands a capital G) of Time. Unaccounted-for -Time. Time to spend as I choose.
I used to think that once I had that kind of time, I would use it for naps. Long, peaceful uninterrupted sleep.
I do not. I have other things to do! All those talents that I have procured in my Motherhood Season are the very tools I use for my new Season. It's the Me Season. It's the reward for doing my best in the Motherhood Season. It is a season of Harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!