Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chocolate & Wedding Planning


I need an aspirin. Or a nap. Maybe an aspirin AND a nap. We have 7 weeks to get a wedding organized. I think I can I think I can I think...I th-th-th..what is it I'm doing? Hunh?


Ok, we ordered the dress. Check. Secured the reception sites. (One luncheon, 2 receptions--one in Idaho and one in Colorado)-Check. Reserved the Temple date in Salt Lake. Check. Set the date for the Bridal shower and print the invitations. Check. What's left? Ohhhh just a gazillion quadrillion things...flowers, cake, photographer, wedding announcements, register for the wedding, his ring, transportation to Utah, Idaho and back, I can't remember what else.


I have been online looking this stuff up until my bum is nearly as numb as my brain. I just wanted to show up in a pretty dress...that was my plan. Suddenly, I am becoming a wedding planner. I cry FOUL. This was so much easier being the groom's Mom last year. I can do this, I can I can I can...I WILL do this...and it will be Fabulous. Me, and a little help from my friends!!!


Aspirin isn't gonna touch THIS, we're gonna need chocolate.


2 comments:

  1. I'm eating chocolate right now. Just so I can be in solidarity with you, of course. ;)

    My engagement was short. Not as short as your daughter's--mine was 4 months. But I remember saying, "I'd be stressed out planning a wedding, no matter how long the engagement was. Might as well be stressed for 4 months, not 8." Which means your 7 weeks is OVER TWICE AS GOOD as my 4 months. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's a positive way to look at it...actually, the rumor is that the shorter the engagement, the more money is saved--cause the longer you have to plan it the more things you come up with to add to the budget! I'll let you know what the final tally is, if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!