Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Do ya think Kevin Costner would be my Art Pen Pal?




Practice, practice practice.
I signed up to be a Pen Pal Artist because I wanted a reason to force me to start drawing more. I already doodle alot, do calligraphy, etc.,. but now, because of C. Beth Blog I am committed to putting myself out there. Yikes. So by Nov. 14th I have to send something artsy to my new friend in Georgia. I have tossed around a bunch of ideas, and begun sketching in my 2 year old un-used sketchbook.
This sorta freaks my guts out. That's all I'm sayin. I started a patriotic drawing this morning with pencil and colored-pencils relfecting the National Election. By the time I got to a point where I thought it was done, it reminded me of my elementary kids' coloring pages. I can't send this!
I need a muse...Mr. Wonderful suggested I sit out on the deck and draw the Rockies. My Rockies. I love Pikes Peak in case you didn't know that about me. If the Rockies were in human form as Kevin Costner, I'd marry them. Demented, I know. Twisted, yup. My fantasy could only be better if chocolate was involved.
But no more demented and twisted than to sign up to be an Art Pen Pal.
I better get my sweater on...it's cold on the deck and Kevin is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!