Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Dinglehopper!



Yesterday morning as I was driving the younger kids to school, Joseph announced that he'd forgotten to brush his hair. He asked if I had a brush in my purse, so I felt around but didn't have one. Then, I saw it! A black plastic fork (from who knows what?!) on the seat console--I said,"I don't have a brush, but I have this!"--showing him the fork. I thought for sure he would laugh at this silliness but he surprised me when he said "Hey that's a dinglehopper! I can use that!" and took it from my hand and laughed all the way to school while combing his hair with a fork.
I am a poor excuse for a Mother--not making sure my son's hair was properly coifed before school--but I have no guilt about it whatsoever. Well maybe a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!