Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gifts in all Sizes


Today was a warmer than usual day here in Colorado Springs. Yesterday it looked wonderfully white and wintery--but today revealed bright blue skies, warm enough to wear only short sleeves out and about. Have I told you I love Colorado??


The TO-DO list for the wedding is winding down. So is my hectic life. The doula client has delivered, the scentsy-candle party is over, the invitations are done, wedding plans are in stone, and now all I have to do is find a nice top to wear to the wedding, and I am done. Done, I say!


I have to say this week has been full of tender mercies in my life...I recieved so much love and attention from both old and new-found friends that it has taken me back abit at their generosity.

As I reveiw recent events, I can gratefully say that my life is full of good people! I don't want to embarrass anyone but really here is just a small list of tender mercies aka GIFTS this week:

*My Visiting teachers brought over a yummy homemade pumpkin bread and neat candles for my birthday!

* I went out to Olive Garden with some sweet friends(Nannette, Chrissi, Kelly!) who have been so good to welcome me Home and reminds me of why keeping girlfriends in my life is so important!

*Lori R. gave me a gift of two pictures of the Salt Lake Temple and a beautiful quote by Vaughn J. Featherstone (she has it in her house and I admired it when I "staged" it last month!)

* My daughter Dara has signed up to do all the dinner cooking next week! She planned the menu and we bought the groceries for it too! She will use this as a Personal Progress project. YEA~!

*My good sisters/friends gave Dani a wonderful Bridal Shower this week.

* I was privileged to attend a sweet miracle "home birth" on Monday--and Nannette took over the Scentsy party for me! My guests were totally okay with that, and I left knowing everything would be great and it was!

* Our law suit was settled in our favor and handled by a wonderful attorney, and a dear sweet soul at the Bank whom I truly believe is a gift to me.

*Dani will wear her "dream wedding dress"!!

* I rec'd an awesome work of Art from my art pen pal, Beth! (I will post pics of it asap!)
*Gas prices are down to $1.66 a gallon!


I could go on and on but I won't. I have lots of thank you notes to write.

2 comments:

  1. Dear My Doula, so,... you are getting the hang of what it is to behave properly in public. Are those the times you are not with me? Cuz when you are with me, you do not behave. ha ha Maybe it is me rubbing off on you. So you better start behaving or we will just start going through drive through fast foods places. No more going inside..... At least at drive throughs we don't have to tip. But I don't think there is a fast food chinese drive through place. I enjoy your blog, it is fun to read. Love Me......

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!