Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Sith" Disease

Boofus and the Caboose have had mild flu-like symptoms over the last weekend, then yesterday a full-on bright flushed face with some lacey blotch-ing on their tummies...no sore throat, no runny nose, low fever, no coughing.
It looked like "fifth disease" to me, so I looked it up online, and sure enough that's what it seems to be...a common childhood virus that requires nothing but fluids, rest and acetominophin when needed. Oh, and it's called "fifth disease" b/c the genius men who were in charge of "naming" it couldn't think of a better one than "hey, it's one of the 5 common childhood diseases...measles, is already taken, so "fifth" will work."

So Mr. Wonderful aka Daddy, walks in from work last night; the youngest two rush him at the door like always, and Boofus announces,"We got Sith Disease!"

Yeah, they watched a Star Wars Marathon last weekend on TV--and once I thought about it, makes sense...the "lord of the Siths" had a red face, right? Makes total sense to me. I think that name is way better than "fifth disease", don't you??

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! It was fun to see a comment from you in my inbox--though I did have to do a bit of sleuthing to figure out who "momza" was! To answer your question, no we are still in the same place--and would you believe our little guy is already 6 months old? Time is really flying by!

    We sure miss you guys! And please tell Diana for me that her senior pictures are absolutely beautiful. And I happen to know she's just as beautiful on the inside too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!