Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Whatsits


On the home front:

Boofus was sick with acute bronchitis. He is still home from school today. His doc prescribed z-pack..which he has been taking, but the coughing is still as crummy as ever. Boofus played with his legos non-stop all weekend long. So while he was coughing, he kept himself busy and was never ornery.

Mr W coughed his way thru the entire weekend too. But he felt a little better last night..altho he snores when he has a cold...and it's loud. I started laughing in bed, and then he did too--his snoring woke us both up!

Nana was better by Saturday (yea!) and went to the Best of EFY with Taylow & Daisie at the Stake center, which they reported was a great experience. The dance was a dud, however, b/c most of the kids there were younger--so they left and came home.


Friends and Family:

I went to the hospital with a friend to see her daughter who has an unusual illness: her lanuguage center in her brain is malfunctioning--she couldn't speak for a couple of days, and altho she was much better by Sat. evening, she still stuttered thru every sentence. After a multitude of tests, (catscan/mri) they think it's stress-related. She is a FT nursing student, PT worker, FT mommy of 2 and a stressed-out marriage. So they think her body is reacting to the stress. It just proves again how dangerous stress is to our bodies.

Mr W got two calls over the weekend with sad news...the death of one of his older cousins and the news that his favorite uncle is near death. He has lost so many loved ones...he is not sure how many family members are left. Sad.


On Sunday:

Taylow's father came to Church. I know. Wow. He's been rec'ving the missionary discussions and has accepted the challenge to find out for himself the truthfulness of the Gospel. So he came to church.
Last night, I watched the Oscars. I never get to watch those b/c Mr W would rather have his eyeballs poked out. Um, you could say he's not into self-absorbed-flashy-dressing-egomaniacs celebrating themselves. But I totally am. lol So I watched it by myself. I liked it. The dresses were beautiful. Even the program was entertaining. Are all Oscars like that?? It could win an award all on its own, I think. The bad part is that I haven't seen any of the movies...so I had no opinion on the winners. My fav part was when they had the older Female actors present this years' nominees for best female lead. Sophia Loren.

And then off to bed I went...awakened occasionally by Boofus' coughing--I went in and gave him a drink and lay by him until he was back asleep.

And that was my fun-filled exciting weekend.

I am finishing up some doula certification stuff this week, and the Blue & Gold Banquet is on Wednesday, Ari's class play is on Thursday, and I am a chaperone for Boofus' class trip to the Denver Museum of Natural History on Friday. It'll be a busy week for sure!

We now return you to your regular Blogging Schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!