Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Whatevers

Well, it's late Sunday night. My good friend, "Insomnia" is visiting again. It's kinda like fish and company--both start to stink after 3 days. I'm so over this late night stuff.
Because of the Blizzard on Thursday, we had an exceptionally long weekend. Actually, it was nice.
Friday the littlest yahoos played in the snow...and the same for Saturday. I didn't take pictures, but we did get a good amount of snow that is mostly melted now. Good ol Colorado Springs.
We did have to postpone The Caboose's baptism though...Nana & Taylow were stuck in Idaho --(I use that term lightly b/c they were having a blast thanks to Mr. Idaho's family who entertained them with pillow fights and movies--and a certain young spud who holds Nana's attention.) Anywho--they couldn't travel in the storm, so we delayed the baptism. We're aiming for the 11th.

Saturday the Newlyweds came down for the day. They did some laundry, ate some of my pork and green chilis tortillas, and had a snowball fight that ended badly for Dani when the Boofus lampooned a snowball in her eye. She works for an optometrist and saw the Dr this morning, who gave her some meds and an eye-patch--(I've asked her to take pics for us, but I don't think that'll happen) and said she'll be fine tomorrow. Of course, the Boofus didn't mean to blind his sister, and I think he'll try to control his bionics in the future.

We didn't get to church this morning because we were up all night with Boofus and his nasty cough that is back! The cold air hit his lungs and has inflamed them again. Same for the Caboose, but she's at least slept all night. Not so with Boof-dog--I was up until 3:30am with him by myself, then Mr W got up and took over. So I went and slept in Boof's bed until 8am, then went and got in Nana's bed int he basement (quieter and darker) so I could catch up on some sleep.
This sickness is getting old. The kids' seemed themselves and over the illness that has held them bound for so many weeks--and then we had to let him have a snowday. ugh.

The best part of my weekend? Two things, no Three things: Nana and Taylow are home safe.
The sweetest missionaries ever dropped by tonight with a wonderful devotional for us. And I can't say what the last one is...I've been sworn to secrecy. Which is incredibly hard for me.
I am not a good secret-keeper. But this will eventually come out so I am gonna do my best to keep my lips zipped. My pie hole closed. It's good though and that's all I'm allowed to say.
Interested parties will have to wait. But if you wanna guess, go ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the sickness going around again! Yuck! Hope it is short-lived. I'm bad with secrets too, especially good ones. I have no clue what it could be...all I can think of is babies.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!