Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday with Dean at the Fair!

The Larimer County Fair, Loveland, Colorado The people that follow me everywhere I go...plus my softspot, Dean. We haven't seen him this summer--mostly because of his softball schedule on the weekends. I missed him so much my bones ached, so we went up to Loveland for the day to spend it with him.
Carl's Jr....and my Mr W cheesin' it up for the camera. he's just so ridiculous. I smacked him right after this...

Fairgrounds. 80o in the summertime and nothin' but clear blue skies.



Larimer County is farming land...so there's alot of marketing for bigger, better farming equipment. STIHL had a creative show for their products: Axe throwing, and log carving. Very cute. The lumberjacks, I mean. I can say that, cuz I"m old enuf to be their mom.





The tractor parade....


Is he thinkin', "She thinks my tractor's sexy." ?









Gentlemen Farmer...gotta love those farmers.

That woman could kick my trash, I'm sure of it.

All-American Gramps.







Don't hate me, but I love this one. Especially the umbrella.

And that ends the tractor parade.
I wish I had the need for a tractor.
~~~~~~~~
Now inside the bunny show...there were easily 100s of bunnies...but the smell kept our visit short.



He reminds me of caramel....smooth, soft cadbury caramel-filled chocolate eggs...yum.
~~~~~~~~~~
Jimmy Dean.

Baconator
Sooooooo-EEEEEEEE!
This little gal was trying to get her pig to the shower stall....but this little piggy did not want to go to town...



She turned and bolted from her "master" about 3 dozen times...ran over a teenage boy and took out an old man...no kidding. I didn't know pigs were so obstinate and piggish.


The little girl slapped the piggy on the bum to get it to move forward...stubborn stubborn little pig named "Pearl"...I'd have called her "Dinner".


Dean on the Alpine Bob...


He loved it!


"Smile, Joseph!"--no, not like the Joker!

Ari & Daisie ready to bump some cars...


Bill the Bison.
I don't really know if his name is Bill.
Could be Duke.
Bertha.
Who would mess with a bison named Bertha?
Not me, but I really love bison
a little salt and pepper...
mashed taters and a house salad.


Show horses...tons and tons of them! I didn't take a lot of pics because most of them were inside the arena and it was too dark.

Obstacle Course. The kiddos played in that for a good hour. I'm afraid that's all they'll remember from the fair.





The Caboose's um... caboose.


Boofus' caboose.



Time to go home! See their happy shiny faces??
Aren't they just so stinkin happy?
It was time to go...and nobody wanted to...wahhh.
~~~~~~


Truth be told, I wish my kids weren't so citi-fied.
Country kids learn the meaning of work early in their young lives and
instills within them a strong work ethic.
I pointed this out to our kids while we walked thru the animal exhibits...
"notice how many kids were there?
did ya see how hard they were working?
Did you notice who was in charge of cleaning up the pens and cages?"
I have so much respect for the folks who farm the earth and raise the food for our country.
They quietly tend the earth and animals for our benefit.
We owe them so much more than we give.































2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great day! And I loved your "tractors on parade" photos. A real slice of Americana.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, there is nothin like a good country fair.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!