Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Nonsense from Scenes in My Life

We're in the last week of Dani's pregnancy.
I went with her to her midwife's appt. yesterday:
75% effaced, -2 station, fingertip open cervix, baby is dropped and engaged.

She's been having lotsa Braxton-Hicks waves today...so anytime would be fine.
Altho Mr Idaho would like her to wait until next week when he has a break from school. That's just funny, hunh?

My b-day was pretty nice. I was treated better than I deserve and am grateful for the sweet gifts from family and friends.

I am getting super excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas!  Already planning my menus--which brings me to this:  Anyone have some fun recipes for finger foods for a large group for Christmas Eve? Just leave it in the comments section or email me so I can post them for everyone to share!

I have started on Christmas presents...I love Christmas so much.  And what's really great is no wedding this year like the past two years previous!  But all of the kids will be here for sure!

Dara has turned into a rotten teenager.  Everyday I am tempted to take her to Nebraska and leave her there--like people did last year when it became legal to drop your unwanted kids off at hospitals without penalty.  But, she is asleep in her own bed tonight and I remind myself that she is #5 and we'll both live thru her teenage years.

Ari was in a play tonight about Mexico at school. Her smile lights me up. Which is probably saving Dara's life.
I'm waiting for the gal at Fort Hood to give me a specific address for these teddy bears....she must be super busy!

And that's it. I've got nuthin' else until Dani gives birth...thanks for listening.

5 comments:

  1. Nebraska changed their law, you can no longer drop off your kids... sorry... Hang in there, this too shall pass. "Grandkids are the Lord's way of blessing you for not killing your teenagers."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dawn! is Dani having her baby at home?
    we can't wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, we're on the last of our four teenage girls. Finger food idea: This is a winner and easy-you buy the 'Lil smokies, then you wrap each one in a small piece of bacon with a toothpick and lay them on a large cookie sheet in a single layer. Then you take about 1 cup of brown sugar and sprinkle it over the whole mess...well, it's not really a mess...anyway, then you bake it in the oven at 350 until everything is browned nicely. I put these in a crock pot on low for our annual Christmas day buffet. Sorry not to be more specific, but my kids anticipate these all year. I decided a few years back to have a Christmas Day buffet all day since I have kids coming and going all day. It's just too hard to have a sit-down dinner when you are competing with in-laws and a bunch of different schedules. They love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anon: thx for the heads-up on Nebraska. They got more random kids than they bargained for, I'm sure.
    @Marilyn: thx for the recipe! I will try it!
    @Sara: No, Dani is not having a homebirth. Her husband isn't comfortable with it. She is having her baby in a birth center, and I'll be there of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well for Dani. What a wonderful experience that will be for you!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!