Sunday, December 27, 2009

Yeah WE are THAT Family....

just a snippet into our day today
as we visited Dani's ward
in Golden for the baby blessing...
it shouldn't be a "ward"
but a "branch"
because
our family
plus Mr. Idaho's family
doubled the attendance today.


While the Sacrament was being passed:
the water tray comes to Dean
who is sitting next to my left,
he takes a cup
drinks it
and gulps so loudly
that Mr. Idaho can hear it at the pulpit
from where we are sitting,
third row from the back.
::: Laughter::::


With the speakers
and musical number
finished,
and 20 minutes left on the
schedule
and the only Priesthood conducting
was the 2nd Counsellor
and the EQP, Mr. Idaho--
the 2nd Counsellor
said he's always wanted to sing
his favorite hymn--
"all seven verses"--
to "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief"--
to which my 14 yo let out her thoughts
uncensored:
"You're kidding!"
::::Laughter filled the Chapel::::
and THEN the 2nd Counsellor added,
"Standing up, please."
To which my Deano laughed,
"No Way!"
:::More Laughter::::
Dani leaned over to me,
"I have stupid siblings."

I don't know if they will ban us forever from coming back,
or if they're hoping we come back every Sunday
just for the entertainment.
If you can't be a good example
at least be a horrible warning.

So that was our Sunday...
how was yours?

8 comments:

  1. Tee Hee, now that's funny.
    I have a mentally handicapped niece in my ward who surprised everyone in sacrament one time after someone said a quite lengthy closing prayer after an even longer than usual sacrament meeting and yelled out, "Yahoooooo" instead of amen. The funniest part was the bishop's wife came up to her afterward and said "that's ok Janet, you just said what everyone else was thinking" Oh, that we could all be so innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's funny! as is Connie's comment! Our Sunday was quite normal, thank you, and we are in a ward that should actually be a branch as well, but I love it! The only excitement was that I had to give the closing prayer at sacrament. I didn't die on the spot or anything, amazing! Oh and I love the new photo at the top-what a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up from my 9 days of blog-vacation. LOVE the new picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the family picture. You look great in the red sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't we all THAT family sometimes! I play the organ at church, and one Sunday one of my kids decided to come up and "help" me play. It was a fabulous closing hymn.

    LOVE the new family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat day for all of you.

    We had a great Sunday, too, although my sister and her family left us to go home to So. Cal., which was sort of sad.

    Still, we had a great time, and the rest of my family is here till Wednesday.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, that was a good one...although I imagine slightly embarassing at the time.

    This week, my sweet hubby couldn't get himself out of bed...so this 9 month pregnant mama hauled herself (in high heels mind you) and her 2 year old to church. Thankfully Jacob was good until dad showed up just before the sacrament (see daddy is a good guy, just has a hard time with his timing ;) When daddy showed up Jacob decided it was play time with all the paraphanalia in Daddy's pockets (why has it taken dad so long to learn...take nothing into sacrement meeting you don't want your toddler getting into???) So poor dad, spent the whole meeting in a dark room with kiddo on his lap talking about being "Quiet" and "Reverent" over and over again. What a good dad, cause I got to sing all the songs, and listen to all the talks ;)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!