Sunday, March 21, 2010

Snowy Spring Break, Movie Reviews & Random Observations

Spring Break means so many different things to us all...
the people in the desert
head to the snowy mountains to ski
and the mountain folk
head to the oceans and deserts to warm up.

We stay put...
one of the perks of loving where you live,
I guess,
is that home is where you want to be.

So we got six inches (At least) of snow Friday night
and the yahoos played
ALL DAY LONG outside in it, Saturday.
Pikes Peak in the way back there, cloud-covered and BRRRRR cold!

Boofus riding his bike on the retaining wall...no hat, no gloves, no snow bibs.
The Caboose "Snow-tanning"...that's what she said she was doing.

Truthfully, it was warm enough that we
took the hound for a long walk
down to the ponds and hiking trails behind the house
for at least an hour
without a coat....
yeah, I know--
snow on the ground
but hot enough to shed our coats!
It doesn't get any better!

The yahoos and I went to see
"Diary of a Wimpy Kid"
and I have to say we loved it!
Definitely a boy movie...kinda gross, but totally relatable.
Then Mr W and I did a PPV on the tube
and watched
"New Moon"--
I hadn't seen it
tho I had read the books.
Oh my heck.
The two main actors stunk on ice.
I can't believe how awful they were
and the amount of attention they get in real life?!
The only decent acting was
the actor who played Jacob--Taylor Lautner.
And my expectations from "Shark Boy" weren't high
to begin with, but he stood miles apart from the others.

Other than that, we made fresh smoothies
with spinach and berries and yogurt
that were
delish...
Mr W grilled some salmon Saturday for us
and made
chicken parmigiana tonight.
I love it when he cooks.
This next week starts my "South Beach Diet",
and I'm kinda excited about it.






Lastly, have you heard of Debbie West Coon?
Beautiful voice, lovely arrangements.  check her out
Our Stake is getting a Boundary "Makeover"
next weekend...
so we're all kinda playing the
guessing game
about where we're all gonna end up.
But we've lived here so long,
that no matter which way our neighborhood goes,
I'll be in a ward with great friends.
So I'm okay with it.
Change is good.
It gives others opportunities to grow
and share and shine and serve.
It's time to Move-It Move-It!!

10 comments:

  1. I don't like change, and I certainly don't "move it, move it" well!!! Love, NAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, you've got a lot going on. Including a boundaries change, about which I completely admire your attitude. (I am, regrettably, one who dislikes such changes...not that I don't make myself get with the program, but it always does take some concerted effort on my part to succeed.) You're right, though, change is good!

    As for Debbie West Coon, I checked her out and really liked her voice. I wish her musical arrangements were a little less dramatic, but that's just me liking everything to be as acoustic as possible...and even more so when the voice is so lovely.

    Glad you're getting some sun with your snow!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have been busy and it's not done being busy.
    Stake Shake Up........awesome game.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been eating berry, yogurt spinach shakes as well!! How funny. My husband thought it would be awful but you cant even taste the spinach. And about New Moon--I am totally with you. So bad!

    I am glad you are enjoying spring break. I am back to school today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard you guys got a bunch of snow up that way. My MIL and my niece both live near Denver and my brother in Grand Junction.

    We have Spring Break next week and it is already starting to blow around here. I don't think we'll have snow but the wind is right on schedule and it is so cold!

    I am excited that Diary of a Wimpy Kid was good. My youngest LOVES those books so I know i will be seeing it soon.

    You are a busy girl - life is more interesting that way I think! Your Stake Shake should be fun - I love all the gossip and whispers and wonderings that go along with it - ha ha!

    Hope you are having a Super Day - I always enjoy your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in Columbus... where abouts are you coming? when are you coming? We would love to hear from you and see you!!! my email address is jessi.ann.anderson@gmail.com if its easier to communicate that way. (jessi sherwood anderson)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to get a thumbs up on the Diary of a Wimpy Kid! The boys will love it.

    My dil has been to see New Moon more times than I can count.:-( Not my cuppa tea.

    Looks like you guys had fun in the snow. Love the snow tanning. So funny.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great spring break!

    I'm glad you liked the Wimpy Kid movie- I have low expectations, but intend to take the boys at least.

    I can't get over the actors and bad makeup in the movies. Yet I will still go out and see the next one. Can't stop a series of movies midway, I guess, even if it isn't very good. I keep hoping Edward will magically appear handsome or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved all your randomness - I'm with you on the South Beach thing! I love that diet for taking off some accumulated excess. I usually works if I am diligent - which I really need to be, I'm living off of sugar these days - soooo not good.

    The grilled salmon and chicken parmigiana sound wonderful :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I giggled a bit at your movie review. I haven't' seen it, and don't plan too!

    And you know, I think my most memorable spring break growing up was the year it snowed a foot and we went sledding.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!