Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sugar Cookie Love

How to Make the Best Sugar Cookies Evah:

 Make them when the kids go to bed.

Because then, you get to decorate them while listening to 
The Carpenter's Christmas Album, circa 1972 
by yourself.
And if your dough is too slimy and makes mushy stars at first, 
noone cries while you add more flour to the mix, 
because it's taking too long.
And you have time to "pose" your cookie cutters for pictures.
And noone's eating the dough.
You get to hog the cookie cutters.

And even make the Peanut Butter Blossoms while 
the sugar cookie dough is in the fridge.
N' ya don't gotta yell at anyone for eating the chocolate kisses 
before the peanut butter cookies are finished baking.
Then you getta drink a big ole glass of milk in the sweet smelling kitchen totally silent.

And the yahoos wake up thinking 
You.
Are.
The.
Best.
Mom.
in the World.

12 comments:

  1. Momza~..
    Love it!!!
    there are no yahoos at my house..
    would you love to come over and bake cookies FOR me? i promise to be the quietest possible, not disturbing you in the least.. letting you cut, bake and decorate to your hearts content.. and when all done, I'll pour us EACH a tall glass of the coldest milk..we'll smile and share your cookies.. no words necessary.. our smiles says it all! and I'll toast you as being the best mom ever to your kids and the best cookie maker in my world!!!!
    warm sandy hugs.. Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so festive just reading this. And love the Carpenters Christmas album too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but recipe please! I have been wondering for years how you Americans get your flat cookies. All our recipes create puffy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I think maybe you ARE the best mom in the world...

    ;)

    PS. I listened to the same Carpenters CD last night while I addressed the last batch of Christmas cards. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stink at making sugar cookies. Every year I try and usually fail. Yours look beautiful. And, I love the Carpenters. You post looks so festive, I think I'll go make some cookies:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookie Cutter Pose, hahaha that is funny. Ya know that might just be the "in" thing. Stand tall, feet apart and arms stretched. Everybody do the "Cookie Cutter Pose"! haha, Your post made me smile and the cookies look deeeeeelish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I think the most important part would be to make the kids go to bed. that way, I can eat a few more and no one will ask me if I am getting fat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome post! At first I thought I clicked the wrong web site and I was on Pioneer Woman!!! Fab photos and yummy treats. Looking at your cookies is the closest thing I'm going to get to making some for my family this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm wondering how many samples disappeared overnight? hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this post while "Still, Still, Still" by Mannheim Steamroller was playing. Wow... I was so soothed and entertained at the same time!
    LOVE it!!

    I'm Marilyn's daughter. Thought I'd stop by and see ya. Love your blog! and I just have to say, I love the little conversations you have on the side. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!