Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Patchwork Life

Still unpacking.
Still wondering where I'm going to put all this stuff...
Loading up the Sub again today
to relieve the burden tho,
so the progress is hastened along.
I crave organization.
Clutter stresses me out.
So that's my goal this week--
put away what I can,
toss the rest.

My goal is to park my Sub in to garage this weekend.
Cross your fingers and pinky toes for me, k?
****
Okay, so I found the cord to my camera!
Finally!
Which is essential as I fill in the patchwork pieces of my life:


Summer began with a Move:


The yard was dead when we moved in,
but it's greened-up pretty good since we've been in--
it's rained almost every day,
and we've been watering and raking it too.


And then the Fourth of July,
wherein I attempted to make little cupcake tarts--
the Recipe is so simple, 
my yahoos made the second tin--
*Store-bought dough
*canned pie filling
*little bit of sugar to dust top of dough with.






They didn't turn out as pretty as they were going in,
but served with some vanilla cream it made no difference.
Oh and since my star-shaped cookie cutter was too big,
I used a small maple leaf and then we held our hands over our hearts
in honor of Canada.
We're not Canadian, 
but who doesn't love Canadians?
Am I right or am I right?!




Then, Daisie went to trek in Wyoming...
 She has written an account of her trip...which I will post soon.
****

~Riley~
What you see here is the best dog in the world.

I put an ad on Craigslist back in June--
we were looking to adopt a purebred golden retriever--
we'd have enjoyed a puppy or younger dog,
but also said we'd consider a healthy older dog.
I got an email from a gal
last Wednesday who said they had a 4 yr old AKC Golden male.
For $100.00.
So we took a ride over on Thursday--
it was love at first sight--
the kids pulled their "moving money" together
and gladly paid up!

Trained, quiet, obedient, loving.
He did run away the first day,
but just went 6 houses down--
we'd left the house to go to the IKEA grand opening
and left him in the back yard with Kota.
We were gone just 6 minutes when our neighbors
found him wandering the street.
I think he was concerned about his previous owners.
He's been a gem ever since.
N' Kota (our black lab female aka "Oprah") thinks he alright too.
********
Eleven Mile Canyon


Saturday we took the kids and the dogs and went for a picnic and float the Platte River.









It's a beautiful canyon,
the emerald green rushing water
and the rock formations 
are fascinating...


We had a great time
and
are already planning our return trip.

The kids and the dogs slept all the way home
- it doesn't get any better.
A happy dog is a tired one.
Tired Yahoos = Happy Yahoos.
true story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been off work last week and this one,
which has been great.--
worked with a sweet friend on her house--
hanging curtains,
accessorizing, etc.
And
getting ready for another couple of births--
one Momma is due this week
and the other is my daughter Dani who is due on the 19th.
I'm flying to Houston the 13th-20th for her!
WHich means I will miss the yahoo's first day of School--
first time ever 
since 1988!
But Mr W will handle it just fine.

Other things?
I had a Papparazzi jewelry party and that was loads of fun!
I'm hosting an Uppercase Living Party in September
because I love their vinyl lettering 
mucho much.
I'm ready for school to start...
it is the most wonderful time of the year!

So that's it...
Man, I'm blessed.

14 comments:

  1. You are not only blessed, you are BUSY!

    Great house, cute dog, wonderful (and scenic) adventures, and a new grandbaby on the way!

    Yep, life is good for the Momza.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, such a pretty doggie! This whole house hunting/renting thing is stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clutter stresses me out too!! I organize the dirty dishes if I don't have time to wash them! So, what'dya get at Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had fabulous luck in our lives adopting 3 older dogs. They were all so sweet and great with our kids and they were my sweet little companions when my husband was away for months at a time in the U.S. Navy. Riley is also blessed to have such a great family !

    I think this was my favorite post so far Momza. I loved all the photos and laughed my head off when I saw those tarts cooked ( I've done that too ) You are awesome and your new home is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed indeed :-) Best wishes to your daughter for her upcoming birth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, that is a lot going on, the move alone will suck all your time and energy.. and the pictures are beautiful... although they remind me of relaxation but I didn't see ANY of that in your post!!! love the house, love the trek and love the stream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great house! I never thought to post an add on craigslist for a dog. Glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see things are moving right along for you and that in between all the "stuff" you and your family are having fun!!
    The dog looks like a sweetheart :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you found such a gem of a pet. He looks like he is smiling, so sweet.

    Good luck with getting the garage cleared out so you can park your car inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Momza!
    love the sweet comment..
    just love visiting you!!
    so wish the distance was quite so far apart..
    or maybe that is a blessing in disguise!!
    I just know what great real life friends we'd be!!
    warm sandy hugs//
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house is beautiful!!!!! I love the wall colors.
    Such a cute dog face.

    It sounds like your summer has been full and amazing.
    I think if that is your kitchen in the midst of a move, you are a master organizer. I can't even imagine my kitchen looking that good.

    Hope your daughter had fun at trek. Such a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We saw that you were a follower of The Mormon Bachelorette, and knew you'd love more of the show! The MoBach film crew has begun a blog dishing about their experience watching Ashley on each date with the bachelor (at MoBachMoms.com). We know that the Mormon Bachelorette is on a break right now, but stay tuned next week for all new episodes!

    Remember to subscribe to MoBachMoms.com like us/follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great new place! You have been a busy and lucky lady.

    ps Chachi says hi.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!