Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sweaters, Meals & Missionaries

It's that time.
Oh yes it is.
Broke out the sweaters today.
The rumor is there's snow on Pikes Peak today
but I can't see it for all the rain/fog/clouds.
Woohoo!

I'm also burning cinnamon and spice candles
because
I can.
Also, Mr W and I watched a new sitcom,
"Up All Night"
starring Christina Applegate and Will Arnett (sp?)--
it was "laugh-outloud"  funny
because it's written very real and authentic.
If you haven't seen it,
try getting it on HULU.
So so stinkin' funny.

My meal sharing group is up and running.
We're into Week Two.
I did tell the other gals the first month
would be a trial run for me
to see if it's a good fit for our family.
So far, it's kinda  very nice to not have to cook dinner
two nights a week.

Tonight after work,
I am headed over to the new Mission President's house
to help serve dinner
to departing missionaries.
I'm so stinkin' excited about that.
I just know their mommas are thrilled
to get their arms and hearts around them again.

I love missionaries.
Their example inspires me.

Next week,
I've volunteered to serve dinner
to the incoming missionaries...
those young men and women who've just left
their mommas behind,
hoping with all their hearts that
someone in Colorado Springs will love their kids
and take care of them.

It's a hard thing to be a Missionary Mom.
We worry.
Not being able to talk to your child except on
Mother's Day and Christmas for two years (young men)
or eighteen months (young women)
is a hard thing.
Hearing from them via email is a blessing akin to breathing
for Missionary Moms.
We just want to know they're alright.

And for my Momza's House friends who are not LDS,
may I just ask a teensy favor of you?
That regardless of your faith,
when you come across our young men in white shirts and ties,
or our young women in their Sunday dress,
with those black name tags attached--
will you be kind to them?
Will you offer them a drink of water and/or a smile?
Their mommas are at home,
praying on their knees,
that their missionaries are being care for,
and are safe and happy.
You would be the answer to a prayer.
Danka.

And one more thing to make your day!
Have you heard of
KID HISTORY?
If not,
go here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVlaZfLlWQc

There are 6 episodes,
this one is #4 and it's my favorite.
Now, Go!
FACT!





4 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to feed the missionaries when they first arrive and right before they go home! Really neat.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Written from a seasoned missionary mom. Very well put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dawn. Here I am, Missionary Mom, worrying about my boy. He's having such a hard time, and I can't stand it. It's so hard, harder than you ever thought, isn't it. Thanks for helping those where you are.
    I feed ours whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a good woman Momza girl!
    I just think you rock completely.
    Except the part about being excited for Fall.
    Stop it!
    I can't let go of summer yet.
    Winter lasts 11 months around here.
    Not ready.....

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!