Monday, February 27, 2012

A Study of Peepers and Puppies & Favorite Things


So the Caboose got some new glasses this past weekend.
Unbeknownst to us,
they're magical glasses...

        They have had a transforming effect upon yon maiden that is impossible to ignore--
she has been washing and styling her hair every day for three days in a row.
A less-seasoned mother might overlook this new trend,
but hey, we all know I am nothing if not a well-seasoned Momza.
I noticed and cannot in good conscience call her the pet name of
"Dirt Ball" this week.

 When she got ta fixin' her new 'do, she enthusiastically asked if I'd capture this moment on film forever...
and apparently, even though I did oblige her, she got her big sis Daisie to also take some snapshots too,
and someone took some of a sleepin' Riley and Kota too. Do you ever find random pics on your camera card too?





Aside from The Caboose and Dirt Ball (when she doesn't want to wash her hair), her other nicknames are
Fruit Bat, Wingnut, The Bee, Beebo, Beeps, and Bee-bop-Anonymous...
All lovely nicknames that evoke true familial love and acceptance
n' all that other mushy stuff.
~~~~~~~
I also wanted to throw in a few glimpses of
"My Favorite Things" party 
from last week.
It was really fun--
so much so 
that the gals that came want to do it again in April.
I regret that I didn't take pics of the salad bar 
or of my friend's faces as they shared their 
"Favorite Things"--
I'll do better next time.



 Some "Favorite Things": boxed soap, notecards, pumice stone and heel repair lotion, Sharpie pens, Post-Its, and even uncooked tortillas! 
Can't wait 'til the next party!

7 comments:

  1. I'd love details on how to do a "favorite things" party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun party! I wish I could have swung it. Someday I'll be a Daytime Empty Nester... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Caboose looks adorable and I am loving the fact that she is doing her hair and wanting to have her picture taken. She is a doll!

    Your favorite things party sounds like a fun theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julie, I'll be glad to oblige.
    @Laurel C.: The next one is gonna be in the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's such a darling daughter!!!!
    So much excitement in her sweet face!

    Love the favorite things.
    Looks like too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her glasses are super cute!!

    A favorite things party sounds fun. How does one put something like that together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love her glasses, and your party looks like a winner, too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!