Thursday, March 15, 2012

Scenes from a Biopsy

At the Doctor's Office:

Nurse: "Did you take the pain medication before coming today?"

Momza: "No. My friend just had this procedure last week and said it wasn't that big of a deal. And, if I took anything, I wouldn't be able to drive myself here and back home. So I didn't."

Nurse, with eyes wide: "Oh?! This could be quite painful."

Momza: "Well, unless you're going to knock me out with something right now, it looks like I'm just gonna have to suffer through it.  How bad can it be?--I've had seven children, all natural, some at home even.  I think I can handle this."

Nurse: "Seven children, all natural?  Hmmm. Yeah, you may be able to do this without meds."

Momza: "At this point, it is what it is, right?  I'll be fine."

The Doctor comes in:

"You didn't take the pain medication beforehand? This procedure can be painful."

Momza: "Yeah, but how bad can it be, really?"

Doctor: "Here's the tool we'll use, it's flexible...the actual procedure should take just a minute or less."

Momza: "Go for it."

The procedure begins:

Nurse: "You doing okay? Most women would be crying at this point."

Momza, feeling a tiny bit of cramping/pressure:  "I'm okay. Is it going to get worse than this?"

Doctor: "Nope.This is the most painful procedure we do in this office. Worse than getting a IUD. Women cry out in pain...annndddd we're finished."

Momza: " I totally rock."

*this was an endometrial biopsy

5 comments:

  1. Go, Momza!

    Having said that, I don't like hearing that you are having a biopsy, and I hope all is well with you.

    (saying a few prayers to add some energy to that hope)

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your results turn out to be completely clear.

    Yeah, you do rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a blessing to have a high pain threshhold.
    I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!