Thursday, June 28, 2012

Excuse Me, Nora Ephron--Can I Have Your Attention?





Dear Ms. Ephron,
I just read your book, "I Feel Bad About My Neck"
and I just wanted you to know that before I read this,
I never even noticed my neck,
that's right--
I took my neck for granted!--
but now that I've read it,
it's all I can do to NOT 
look at my neck.






Dear Ms. Nora Ephron,
I just love your book,
"I Feel Bad About My Neck".
As a woman who is closer to fifty
than forty,
I'm right there with ya sister,.


Hello, Ms. Ephron, can I call you Nora?
Are you currently needing a new friend?
How about a Momza to seven yahoos 
who lives in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
Yes OR No
Circle One.


Hey Girlfriend!
Are you busy this next week?
Let's do lunch!
Do you like Olive Garden's bread sticks?




Hello There!
My name is Momza,Dawn,
and I'm a huge fan!
Can we do lunch sometime--
in New York
at your favorite restaurant
and will you gab my ears off?
You seem like a really naturally fascinating woman
and while I am not all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips,
I think we'd get along really swell.
Whaddya say??

I clean up pretty good,
and I do have some wildly, mildly
interesting stories that I'd love to share over
lunch....
my yahoos,
my folks,
my Zumba classes--say, do you Zumba?
It is so stinkin' fun!
I think I could hold my own in the gab department too,
but hey,
this isn't about ME,
it's all about you, you, you.
I've heard New York is beautiful in the Fall.
Eagerly awaiting your call,
Sincerely,
Your Number One Fan in Colorado!

Hmmmm.......too much?

*In remembrance of Ms. Ephorn, this is a re-post from 2011. Looks like I'll have to wait to get to meet her someday.

10 comments:

  1. maybe she'll even pop out to Colorado to do lunch there...

    Zumba though... hmmm... I don't have such a healthy Zumba relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw her interviewed on Oprah just after her book came out, and I made a mental note to read it. Of course, I'm an aging woman with neck problems of my own, and immediately forgot to read about hers. I'm gonna go right out and read it! (If she says 'no', I'll be your BFF, OK?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll be hearing from her any moment now...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your guest post at MMB...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a dork. I didn't even know who Nora Ephron was - I had to look it up - ha ha. However, I have been to both New York City and London - does that count?
    I also know who Zach Ephron is - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! HA! HA! That was funny.You are funny. Even Nora would think you are veryveryvery funny.

    Good luck with hobnobbing with the rich and famous. And if she doesn't invite you to lunch, it's because she feels threatened by you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @living in zion: Thx for stopping by...And just in case Nora reads this (cross my fingers hope to die stick a needle in my eye)I would even go to Taco Bell with her, if she'd be up for it!
    @Cherie: I didn't even mention that my friend Nora, is the author of You've Got Mail too...maybe that woulda helped? Did you love NY?
    @Nature Girl: Thanks for popping over from MMB!
    @Sue: If she does, I promise to blab it on my blog!
    @sarah: I know, right?!
    @DeNae: You will enjoy every page!
    @T: from your lips to God's ears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no doubt that the two of you would hit it off and THEN you'd go shopping together and THEN you'd have to write a book together... oh that : they could call the two of you Nor-za

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!