Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This Week: Doula work, A Birth, A job and A Missionary

If you've been on this earth longer than ten minutes,
you may have learned this truth:
"things don't always go as planned."
True story right there.

The little Momma I was serving as a post-partum doula
is taking a little longer than we thought
as she heals her heart and body.
These things take time, I tell her.
Be patient.
Be positive.
You will feel better soon.

At least half of my time spent with her
is sitting on the edge of her bed
listening.
She will be okay
in time.
****

My special needs son, Dean,
whom we just moved to a new HHP,
is bored as he awaits the paperwork
for a new day program and a job--
so what did he do to help his efforts to find a new job?
He dialed 911 and asked the dispatcher
if he could get a job as a Policeman.
Oh yes he did.

Hearing this at first,
I was embarrassed for him--
and then I just laughed
at his boldness.
That boy wants a job and isn't afraid to ask for one!
Gotta love that!

****
I am sleeping lighter these days
as I am waiting for a special phone call
that will bid me to come to a birth!
I haven't taken any births since my car accident
last November;
but I am ready to get busy again.
I know it will take alot of energy,
but man alive,
is it worth it to experience the
miracle of Life!
There isn't anything else
I can think of that gives me as much joy
as attending a birth!

****





Our letters from Nana have been fantastic!
She is so stinkin' happy at the MTC--
her letter this week was full of excitement
and wishes she could call and tell me all about
her new experiences and new friends.
I admit it,
that's the hardest thing for me too--
I miss talking to her and just catching up together.
{sigh}
Her happiness is mine.

****
And that's it for me tonight.
Just livin' my life and hanging on for the ride.

8 comments:

  1. I just attended my first doula birth in a long time last week. While I know now is the time for me to be home mothering my little ones, I had forgotten how much I love birthwork and how much I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is quite the thinker, going straight to the source is quite brilliant. I wish him luck in his job search.

    The photo of you and your missionary is so precious, I am sure you were both probably near tears but putting on happy faces for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA I love DEAN!!!! haha I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy heart . . . you touch so many, I agree about assisting in the miracle of life, it touches me every time! Love those precious new ones, and the precious big ones headed off to the MTC - loves to Nana! I look forward to hearing the updates as well :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my post Tuesday. And especially for your post that night. You are a wise woman, Momza. And thanks . . . for being my friend.
    Love those missionary letters and experiences. And a new baby? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some wonderful times at the Momza house.

    I love that Dean goes after what he wants. I bet the dispatcher loved it too.

    So happy about your missionary. She's so beautiful.
    You all look so happy dropping her off to a place so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and we're coming to Denver this weekend to help move my daughter and her husband there. I'm a little sad about that.
    Is Parker nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling well enough again to do your doula work.

    And I love the pics with Nana.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!