Friday, September 7, 2012

Mondays, Fridays, Doula Days, Thanksgiving Days

It's Friday.
I love Fridays like nobody's business.

Mondays used to be my most favorite day of the week
when the yahoos were younger--
that's when my true appreciation for
school teachers was in full bloom.
I love sending my yahoos off to a secure environment,
less than 5 minutes from the house
for that heavenly 8 hour span of learning.

Now, though, with the brood down to just three yahoos
at home,
Fridays make me happy--
they are such great lead-in days to Saturday.

So I met the prospective doula client--
and her little girls the other day.
This is the gal that is due on Thanksgiving
and will be having a homebirth
without her currently-deployed husband.
I waited until I had a chance to meet with her
to decide if it was a good fit for both of us.
So we met,
we chatted,
and while I doubt she will actually deliver her baby
on her actual due date,
I felt and still feel,
that it is the right thing to do to support this little family
in whatever way I can,
even if it is on Thanksgiving.
Heavens, her husband's career makes it possible
for my family to even have a Thanksgiving, right?
It's the least I can do.

Speaking of Thanksgiving,
the high temp in the Springs today is supposed to hit 65o...
the yahoos actually grabbed their hoodies on the way
to the bus stop--
which is directly across the street from us.
I love that.
I can keep an eye on them from the sofa.
Anyway,
I think I'll drag out my fall decor this weekend
and make some of the goodies I've snagged on Pinterest.
Fall is where it's at, you know.
Fall is
warm soups,
sweaters tied around the waist,
socks,
golds and rusty reds,
cinnamon and nutmeg,
early evenings and football games.
I'm ready.
Bring it!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck I cannot begin to tell you how ready I am for fall. Just having the temps fall below 100 degrees this week is a treat!
    Ready for cardigan weather! (which kinda lasts all winter. We never really have heavy coat weather, do we?) And soup weather! And all those other lovely things you said! Especially nutmeg. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you taking her on...And I will just be hoping she spares you on Thanksgiving day!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!