Thursday, March 5, 2015

It's Comfortable out of the Comfort Zone


So I heard back from Listen To Your Mother-Boulder.
It's a gracious "not this time".

I am totally OK with their answer.
No really.
It was such a cool thing to audition in the first place--
something I haven't done in decades--for anything--
and it helped me think about other ways
to get out of my comfort zone n' try new things.

For instance, 
I got a new phone last night.
Its got all the bells and whistles on it,
some bells and whistles I may never use,
and some I will need to learn how to use.

I also made the floral arrangement above--
my way of thinking about Spring flowers
even though we have several inches of snow 
and only 14o yesterday.

My 2015 list of things I wanna learn includes:
a tile backsplash
watercoloring
& knitting.

Better get on it, eh?
It's March already!

What's on your list?



2 comments:

  1. Your arrangement is beautiful. I don't know how you manage to do all the things you do, I'm impressed that you would add more.
    You're an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floral arranging is definitely a talent you have mastered, that arrangement is gorgeous and just the thing to focus on when your weather is so dreadful. Spring is in eleven more days, did the weatherman get that message?

    Are you suggesting that getting out of my comfort zone would be a good thing and making a list of "to do's" for this year is something I should do? I'm actually quite comfortable thank you very much.

    Oh all right, I will at least think about that list, in the mean time I look forward to hearing about your various adventures into "non-comfort zone" endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!