Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Limbo

lim·bo1
noun
  1. "an uncertain period of awaiting a decision or resolution; an intermediate state or condition."

Mr. W had the worst job he's ever had.  For 8 years.  Something had to give. He went back to school and got another degree and graduated last Spring from Colorado State University-Global, hoping to give his resume a boost for consideration at different companies.
Less than a month later, he was laid-off.  I felt relief, actually. He wasn't himself anymore.  I knew he would never quit his job until he had something else, but the job stressed him out more than I can say.  Not the job, but the owners of the company--made his life miserable.
SO when I came home from work one day and saw his car in the driveway earlier than usual, I knew something was up.

That was 3 months ago.  We're not starving, we're not homeless, and most days I just stay focused on the daily things--kids, house, school, work, etc.,...but TODAY the situation is front and center in my thoughts.  I know it's not permanent.  That's not true. I don't know that.  I have faith that this isn't how our story ends, but man, we need to get out of this limbo of uncertainty and move on.  

I think it's safe to say we're in a transitional scene right now. Mr. W and I tend to balance each other fairly well, but today there's an unspoken lull in that balance as we both are feeling a little down about the future.  A company recruiter interviewed Mr W yesterday for a position in Portland, Oregon.  Another recruiter contacted about a position here in town.  And still, another company's hiring manager for another company here is interested.  But this waiting game is the pits.  

It's draining.  
Maybe the end is just around the corner.  
Crossing fingers and toes today.

2 comments:

  1. Sending lots of prayers your way. Those times of being out of work are so hard, and it does upset the balance, too. I know exactly what you mean. Happily Dave usually found a job after about three months of interviews. Sounds like you guys have some irons in the fire right now, and I am going to pray that one of them pans out. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hate learning periods that seem to outlast the lessons learned. Prayers your way, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!