Sunday, December 11, 2016

In a Holding Pattern


I just dropped Mr. W off at the airport.
He's on his way to audit a company in Corvallis, Oregon for a week
before deciding if it's the right place for him to work
and for our family to move.

If you recall, I did mention Corvallis by name over a year ago,
when I had an impression that we might end up in the Pacific Northwest.
And here we are.

I'm still processing this experience;
as I said to my Mr. W the other day:
"It looks like we're moving to Oregon. Are we moving to Oregon?"
He grinned and shrugged, "I don't know today. But you'll know when I know."

So, that's where we're at...
in a holding pattern.

Awaiting the "all go" signal to get things moving.

I finished my semester and internship two days ago.
I cannot express my complete and utter relief of being finished--
this semester has been alot to get through with everything else that's been going on.
I'm so relieved to have completed it--
especially the 80 hour internship.
Whew!

I'm happy to stay home and get the house ready for Christmas
and just soak up all the good vibes of the season
while awaiting the news of whether our the next leg of our life's journey
is in Oregon.

I can be patient.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still here and reading your blog! I'm wondering how you feel about potentially moving to Oregon. I know how much you love living at the feet of Pikes Peak. But Oregon would be a wonderful place to live. And closer to your son in Boise, too. I'm sure you're having mixed emotions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laurel! I love hearing from you. Mixed emotions for sure. I think it could be a wonderful adventure, though it will be hard to leave our beautiful Pikes Peak, of which I am co-dependent! The idea that we'll be closer to grandbabies is comforting though. Thanks for checking in!

      Delete
  2. I'll be waiting to hear what happens. What will you do with Dean? I haven't heard about him in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jen, Dean will definitely be coming with us.

      Delete

Have a Thought? Share It!