Sunday, November 5, 2017

Divine Design: Where We Live is No Accident


An A-HA! moment came into light.
We are not called to a Place,
we are called to a People.

Thinking about our recent move to the PNW,
feeling like a fish out of water here,
wondering why we're here and all that
I was reminded that we are here
after years and months of intense fasting and prayer--
by ourselves, our family, our friends all over the world--
that we would be employed again, 
and remembering too, 
my spiritual impression that we'd be moving to the PNW
which began in early 2014--
ALL of this came to light 
and brought with it, 
"the peace that passeth understanding";
we're here in answer to all of those prayers.

And it's not the place that will be part of our journey,
it's the people.
Isn't always about the people??

Doesn't it just make so much more sense?
It does! It does!
I was just called and set apart as the Relief Society Secretary.
I can do that, easy peasy.
We have a work to do and lessons to learn, 
and this is the best place in the whole world 
to accomplish that.

We went to the Portland Temple yesterday--
I couldn't wait to bring my family there
as I'd been there the week before with sisters in my new ward
and I loved it so much.
Yesterday was my 39th anniversary of being baptized into the LDS Church
and going to the temple
just made it so great to celebrate the decision of my 16 yo self!

So that's it.
Eugene, Oregon
you're an answer to our prayers.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts.
    That is wonderful inspiration and has given me much to ponder.
    We moved during a very crazy time. Howard has just had a cardiac arrest, then open heart, we moved two months later.
    We had lived in Rexburg for 34 years. But we only moved 20 miles away. Our jobs didn't change, but our neighbors and ward did.
    It wasn't nearly as huge of a move as your family, but we sure had a few months of uncertainty and feeling displaced.
    I need to go and ponder....it's the people, not the place. But as they days and weeks fly by we are becoming more and more at home.

    Congrats on your new calling. Hopefully the kids are settling ok, especially Dean! Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!