Sunday, May 2, 2021

Two missionaries out

I kneel to pray ev’ry day. I speak to Heav’nly Father. 
 He hears and answers me When I pray in faith. 
 I begin by saying “Dear Heavenly Father”; 
 I thank him for blessings he sends; 
 Then humbly I ask him for things that I need, 
 In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
  Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938 

 So many prayers have been said for me and mine, especially this past year, it has been quite the journey. I want to remember these days of light when the clouds gather and my eyes are dark. First: I love seeing the growth in our son as he serves a mission; he is a happy missionary, by his own account. And he's down to the last six months of his two year commitment. The blessings he's received has surpassed the sacrifices made.

This Colorado-born young man, had to move away to Oregon to be called back to his home state--and he couldn't have been happier! He's been serving in Wyoming--which he says is the "best state of all states".
  Embracing the culture of Wyoming came easily and completely for our outdoors-lovin' Elder.  He's learned how to rope, inoculate cattle, and do all kinds of other ranch work--which he hopes to continue post-mission. 
 Flanked by his two great buddies from Eugene, Oregon--all three joined in the same mission for a bit due to Covid19 restrictions.  Elder Siepert and Elder Strasdas on reassignments provided a joyful reunion.









And in two days, our youngest, Arianna, will leave to serve in the Tennessee Nashville Mission!
She surprised us with her decision to serve a mission and though the journey to this point has not been without anxiety and yes, a few tears, we are behind her 100%!







Arianna, the "Caboose" in our family is packed up

and though a little anxious still, 

ready to answer her call to serve.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!