Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pinch Me! No, Really, G'head!

So I was minding my own business,
doin' my mom-thang today--
ya know,
the usual--
cleanin'
runnin' errands like taking Oprah to the Vet,
thinkin' about what's-fer-dinner,
yada yada yada...

The yahoos came home from school
and they're playing with friends
when all of a sudden
the Boofus runs in and yells,
"Mom! Mom! Dani just drove by the house!"

"Whaaa? No way." I say.

"Yes, she did, but she didn't stop, she just drove right by the house!"

I'm thinking that he's mistaken
because Dani has a red two-door Blazer---
there's alot of those around, ya know?
The Boofus insists it was her.

So then I think,
maybe she's just coming to hang out with Nana
tonight,
maybe they have something going on
that I don't know about??

Whatever. If it was her, she'll be back in a minute.
Just about that time,
the doorbell rings.

I walk downstairs to answer it,
and there in front of me is
David Scott!!
From Boise!
All the way here
to surprise me!!

Oh yeah,
I screamed
n' bawled like a baby!
I was so surprised!!

He finished his semester in school
last week,
while his wife still has a week or two left of school
(She's a teacher)
so he just decided to hop a plane
and come home for a week!!

He'd planned it two weeks ago,
and only told Dani & Brad--
who have kept it a total secret from me!!!!!
They picked him up at the Denver airport
and drove him down here--
she said she drove past the house
when she saw all the kids
outside,
because they wanted to surprise the kids too.
Anyway...
it was the BEST!!!

You know,
someone once complimented me
on my children--
and I said to them,
"I know I'll be a successful Mother,
when my kids choose to come home and
visit me,
when they don't have to."

Seriously--
this just means so much to me.
I love my yahoos!

7 comments:

  1. Nothing better than that kind of surprise! Have a wonderful time with him!!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great. You ARE an awesome mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful..
    oh so wonderful!!
    hugs!
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you have a wonderful week!!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great surprise. I was going to comment about a time we did the same thing, but figured it would make its own post, so thanks for the inspiration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only that they WANT to come home and visit but that they and their siblings want it to be special!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!