Saturday, February 28, 2015

Listen To Your Mother: Boulder Audition

So.
You know that saying:

Yeah.
So I am.
I mean, I don't do alot of 
"scary" things on a daily basis.
Mostly, 
my goal is to just, 
you know, 
get through the day.

But tomorrow is different.
Tomorrow I am sucking up my fears 
and taking them with me
to Boulder
to audition for a spot in this years'
Listen To Your Mother
show.

I can't even tell you
what got it into my head 
that this is a good idea.
Twelve hours from now,
I will be on the interstate headed north
towards a "Scary" experience
that, as far as I can tell,
is going to be a self-inflicted
rejection
that will sting
far greater than any rejection
from my teenagers,
currently.

What am I sharing?
Well, after hours of reading past blog posts,
contemplating writing a new submission altogether,
I decided to share this one:

Is it worth sharing?
I have no freakin' clue.
But I've tweaked it a bit
here and there,
and to quote someone famous,
"It is what It is."

*actually, I googled the author of that, and it's Unknown, 
altho some guy wrote a book with the title.
{shrug}

OK I'm rambling.
Wish me luck,
Or common sense
to back out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!