Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cactus Blooms in a Drought








Did you know that cactus' bloom more prolific during droughts? They have more blossoms on the driest years!






The Lord keeps His promises. In 2003, I was given a priesthood blessing in which was said that we would be moving to Idaho, and that it would be a "blessing and a joy for [our] family", and also that I would serve the sisters in the church thru my calling. I have been a RS teacher almost since the day we got here!

We are calling these past 2 years our "Idaho Boise Mission Experience"-- it is two years this week that we arrived here with no clue about what lay ahead of us or what would be asked of us. But honestly, we are better for it. The lessons have been ingrained in us and we are anxious to see where the road takes us as we head back home. I now know what it means to "wait upon the Lord"...it is worth it to be patient and long-suffering. I know what those words mean too now with greater depth and understanding.

When we lived in Arizona, we had a HUGE Prickly pear cactus tree in the front yard...the white blossoms were so beautiful! It wasn't until years later I learned why some years there were more blooms than others...the years that had the least amount of rainfall is when the cactus sends out blossoms to save itself. I think about that sometimes and hope I am not that different under pressure. I would hope I could show my best even when life is uncertain.


It has been a dry year, hasn't it?


1 comment:

  1. I love you Dawn! You are an amazing woman! I'm so happy for you guys to get to move back to the springs! I wish you a happy and safe and unstressful/ adn uneventful trip:)! Our house closed in Ft. Collins today, and I have been extremely emotional! Life is always changing and Heavenly Father sure helps us out when we don't know why we are here (Arizona) ... but, we'll figure it out together:)

    We love you guys! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!