Friday, September 26, 2008

Elvis and Jed Clampett!




When I was a kid, Elvis was it. My dad convinced me that Elvis was a relative. My dad has blue eyes, black hair, and a noticable grin when he was younger and was a convincing storyteller.
As I got older tho, I thought he looked REMARKABLY like Jed Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies. He even talked and danced like him. He said things like, "Waillll dogey" and "I'll be dern." The next time insomnia hits and you're channel-surfing, when you come across the Beverly Hillbillies, stop for a second, and think about me. I need to get a pic of my Dad just so you know I'm not kiddin.
Okay, so what has this to do with my day? Well, Jed Clampett has nothing to do with my day-- that's just where my brain went when I think about my Dad. But Elvis, yeah, I am embarassed to admit this, but against my better judgement, I dyed my own hair last night. I wanted to cover the hi-lights I'd gotten earlier in the summer back to my normal color. Nothing dramatic. Just my same ol same ol. Diana even went with me to pick out the color. I wanted my basic brown. So we chose L'Oreal natural medium brown. Ugh. There is nothing "natural" about this. It is Elvis Presley blue-black. I did this one other time in 1987. Only it was Loving Care's Medium Ash Brown. It's been how many years since I did that? 21. I haven't dyed my hair since then. NOTE TO SELF: Stop It!!!
When I get good and brave, I will post a pic. Right now, I am going to wash my hair again.
I have an itch to curl my lip up and say, "Thank you. Thankyouverymuch."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!