Monday, September 15, 2008

The Legacy I am leaving?


As a Mom of seven children, I sometimes wonder what kind of legacy I am leaving. They say kids learn our bad habits just as quickly as our good ones. Kinda nauseating, but true.

Yesterday as Arianna (my 7 yo)and I were getting ready for Church, I was fixing her hair and I told her when I was finished to go see if our guest, Brad, needed anything and to make sure he was taken care of.

She then proceeded to talk to me very grown-up and said, "He's part of the family! We always take care of family, Mom. And even if they're not family, we still take care of them, cuz that's what we do! We're the Andersons and we are POWERFUL!" ,She said as she raised her right hand in a tiny fist.


My heart was touched by her boldness, her confidence, and the identity she has of our family and how we treat others. "Yes!" I thought. "Yes!" If that's something she has learned about us, then I am doing something right.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!