Monday, September 15, 2008

What a Weekend!

These two cutie-patooties are Taylor and Diana. Taylor followed Diana home from 2nd grade & she spent nearly every weekend with us, including most weekdays. Her parents divorced and someone forgot to tell them who had custody. So she chose Us.
She even came out to see us in Idaho and since we've been back, it's like we never left. So we claim her, and against her good judgement, she somehow is okay with that.

We went to Garden of the Gods to take some Senior Pics for Diana...and the light was too bright (it was mid-day), but we still took some fun shots.

It was also Homecoming this weekend.
Nana loved the fun red shoes!
Well these pics are loaded on here kinda goofy, but scattered about are pics of Dani and Brad and Diana and her Homecoming date, Ben...he had several personal references, and was slightly intimidated by Brad who waited up for them both until midnight...announcing,"I got her home on time!"
I like boys like that.

We are going to keep Brad. I don't know if he knows that yet, but we are.
This young face is Dara aka Daisie...she is 13 and sometimes feels left out of all the dating stuff as she watches her older sisters in motion. I hope she is taking notes, because her sisters have some very nice young men in their lives.
I love the beautiful Blue skies in Colorado almost as much as I love her blue eyes.

I think Nana and I decided we liked this pose the most--but seriously it was too bright, so re-takes are a must.

He looks innocent enough, right?

Nope, he can hold his own.

Sometimes they don't know what to do with each other. But they're learning.
So that was my Saturday. Sunday I taught my first Primary lesson as Joseph's teacher in the Valiant 9 yo class. It was about being the Salt of the Earth and the Beatitudes. I challenged all the children to look for opportunities to be the "salt" in their families this week.
Sunday nights are always relaxing: we have dinner, then we play games, bake goodies, dance in the kitchen, have a devotional and family prayer to end the Sabbath. Good times.
What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!